Chinese Weddings

**ring_pop**

Hey there! I was just discussing invitations with my parents yesterday on Skype and I showed them the different formats and designs I had in mind -- tri-fold, pocketfold, bilingual, separate invites, etc. My dad was super impressed by yours! He saw your Chinese template too, and thought it was perfect -- he wanted me to tell you 'thank you' for making it available for other Chinese brides! My sisters and I thought it was sort of funny because he doesn't often offer nice comments about things he likes, just the comments about those he doesn't and a "mm hmm" for those he does. :)

If you don't mind, I might just do something similar to what you did! Do you happen to remember what size you cut your large sheets of paper down to in order to yield 2 per sheet?

Thanks, again. :)

Re: **ring_pop**

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Oh good, I'm glad that you and he found it useful!My backing sheets measure 13-3/4" long x 6-1/4" wide. I ordered 12-1/2" x 19" paper from French Paper, and had them cut 5-1/4" off the long side, and then cut the remaining larger piece in half lengthwise.You know what, I'll just draw you a pattern... it'll be easier that way :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK I just posted a pattern showing all of the dimensions - in my bio under Paper & DIY. [url]<a href="http://sites.google.com/site/ringpopplanning/paper" rel='nofollow'>http://sites.google.com/site/ringpopplanning/paper</a>[/url]
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, Ring_pop! Thanks so much for going to the trouble of making a pattern to follow! It seems so simple and easy to do. I really appreciate it! :) Hopefully this will be the last time I have to bother you about your invites. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    WOW! ring_pop, I found your Chinese Invitation template there! VERY HELPFUL! Thank you so much!
  • Hi, I was told you have a Word file of a Chinese wedding invitation template. Would you share it with me? We are having a hard time finding a template and also don't know if we are supposed to list our parents as hosting if we are paying for everything ourselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards