Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Florists

Howdy all,

We're getting married in May and I'd like to use local, in-season flowers as much as possible.  Does anyone have recommendations on florists who might be able to do that?  It seems like most shops are buying from distributors these days.  I'm interested from both budget and sustainability perspectives.
Our wedding will be in Richardson.

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florists

• Options
    Hmmm, it's been awhile since I looked at florists but maybe Market Street?  I'm not sure about how they buy their stuff but I do know they're budget friendly.
  • Options
    Out of the Garden wholesales their flowers, so they have them right there on site.  They're in Grapevine, but they came to Dallas for my wedding (and Cwagg's), no problem!
    Anniversary

• Options

I used Ashley Kirk with Ashlilium, and she was great to work with. We almost went into crisis back-up mode when we thought we had missed the boat on peonies for the season, but she was able to work wonders at the flower market to save the day. She worked within my low floral budget and really did a beautiful job.

• Options
    I would not recommend Market Street.  Just my opinion but they order their flowers from a distributor and they can't guarantee what they get.  My bouquet for my bridal sessions was complete opposite of what I wanted and had to start all over on what I wanted b/c the had 3 different managers during my time of planning my wedding.  Then when they ordered them for the wedding I didn't get to see them until thursday (2 days before wedding)  They were the right colors but by the end of the ceremony all of our flowers looked dead and wilted.  Now I used the Colleyville Market Street so other ones might be different but I was not thrilled with my service!
  • Options
    Yep, I also used Out of The Garden, and I LOVED them. Of course, I wasn't picky at all with flowers. All I said was 'all white, no roses.' They were able to put together BEAUTIFUL arrangements within my color scheme that were in season. I couldn't have told you any of the flowers, but I can tell you they were pretty.
    And the drive time from their place to my venue on the other side of Dallas is about an hour drive, and they accomodated it, no problem.
  • Options
    I just met with my florist, shes very reasonably priced and meets you at the wholesale warehouse in dallas so you can pick which flowers you want and you both are on the same page.

Her name is Gladys:
    zoeysgarden2010@gmail.com

http://zoeysgardenflowers.weebly.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards