• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Indiana

crown point courthouse

I went and looked at the old crown point courthouse and loved it. I was just wondering if anyone has had anything there bc its a lot of DIY.

Re: crown point courthouse

• amylynn121amylynn121 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I know several people who have had events there. Its a gorgeous venue. I would say it would be good if you have a group of people that you can trust who arent in your wedding party that can set up and tear down for you. 
    Have you checked out St. Mathias? I know its cheap, seats a lot of people, and they will let you cater in. I didn't ever go check it out because they didnt have the dates I wanted. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any tips for you, but I just wanted to say it is a beautiful venue.

Do you have any good friends or family members who are good event planners? Maybe they could help you.
  • MincyBitsMincyBits member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  I'm interested in a reception venue with class that is going to be OK for a live band and dancing.  The Crown Point Courthouse has a ballroom, but it lists it as being carpeted. I've never been there - what's the dancing situation?

Thanks!
  • AwesomeNiksAwesomeNiks member
    Fourth Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about the courthouse, and I've heard of plenty of people dancing there.

I know a lot of caterers will assist with the decorations......or you can have people go in that morning to decorate before hand.

I'm also considering the Courthouse, but I'm not sure what to do...
  • korake01korake01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married there and it was gorgeous! However, one of the biggest complaints of my parents was that they had to rent everything (tables and chairs) and had to set up and tear down! It was stressful to say the least! It was a beautiful reception and im sure you can find a party place/caterer that may have a deal to include chairs and tables and set-up because that is def what you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards