Nebraska-Omaha

Looking for Inexpensive Florist- Help...

Can anyone recommend a florsit in Omaha that is around $400 for bridal bouquet, wedding party, groomsmen, etc? Thanks!

Re: Looking for Inexpensive Florist- Help...

• heathergustheathergust member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went out to price florists today.  I checked out Hy-vee (90th and Center), No Frills and Mulhall's because of recommendations from other knottie's.  I was most impressed with Hyvee and Mulhall's on price.  Just need to narrow it down.Another option I looked into was ordering online at Costco.  They have some packages that are already put together that were very reasonable.  They arrive a few days prior to the wedding. 
  • akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second checking out HyVee. I just got an estimate from there and I thought it was extremely reasonable. I've also heard great things about Mulhalls as well.
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have time, you could order the flowers in bulk and make them yourself.  That's what I did for my wedding.  I made my bouquet and the bridesmaid's bouquets.  I also made bouts but I didn't like how they turned out so they groomsmen just used pocket squares.  I had Lisa at the HyVee at 90th and Center make the corsages and bouts for parents, grandparents, etc.  She did an amazing job with those!I have pictures and bouquet making instructions in my bios.I'm not sure but I want to say it was around 250, maybe 300, for all my flowers (including some snapdragons for three vase arrangements) and that is with the extra cost for having my wedding on Mother's Day weekend.Another way to save money is the types of flowers you use.  Request the florists use flowers that are in season and cheaper.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    Ken Meis will work with your budget & is amazing!!  558-9194.  You usually have to leave a message.
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, the Hyvee locations get their flowers from different supplies so I believe their pricings are different so you might want to try a few different HyVees.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • jasarahjasarah member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hy-Vee. Every store gets their flowers from the same place, but each store can set their own prices. So, like Sarah said, it wouldn't hurt to call around. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • angieleedangieleed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about the exact price but I can tell you Debbie Pitt did an amazing job with my flowers and stayed within my limited budget. You would have NEVER known I had a limited flower budget! Check her out. She is really easy to work with. I simply took in pictures of things I liked, we talked about different types of flowers a little and she did her magic. One way to cut flower costs is to have the groomsmen wear a pocket square instead of a flower. The guys in my wedding appreciated it and it saved us a lot of money! Also if you are open to letting the florist choose the type of flowers included with giving them guidance on color/texture etc you will save money there too. They can then choose the best priced flowers when they go to market. Good luck...the key is to be flexible!
  • edited December 2011
    And I am going silk for the wedding party and am getting them super cheap on ebay. This way too I can keep my bouquet. Am using real flowers during the reception though and am probably going through hyvee..havent decided yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards