Maine
Options

Where can I get married?

I have plenty of options for a reception but a ceremony is where I am having a hard time with. I am in the Saco/oob area and in need of a ceremony location. I am not religious so no church, I would love to get married outside but there is always the chance of rain.

I am considering Highlanders Garden in Saco, Hurd Park in Scarborough (the beach), and fiances parents backyard

Does anyone have any suggestions to where I could get married??

Re: Where can I get married?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many guests?  And where is your reception going to be?

Camp Ketcha in Scarborough might work.  They have both inside and outside spaces.
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The 1774 Inn in Phippsburg is on the water and beautiful!
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am looking at 120 guests

and I havn't booked a reception yet but I am very keen on The Captains Galley in OOB.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, Isn't there a nice park in OOB with a Gazebo?  You could check with the town about using that.
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is Joseph's by the sea, which has a great reception ceremony place in OOB
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about the Landing in OOB? I think you can do ceremony/reception on site also.  Im going to a wedding there in Septembr but I'm sure it's beautiful!
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jackie the 1774 inn is beautiful but about an hour away....

I will have to check out Josephs by the sea for the ceremony and the gazebo in oob

and Jpickering i am also going to a wedding in september at the landing, unfortunatly just to rent the venue it is 5 grand, which is my entire budget. So that is out

thank ladies! If you have any other ideas, post it, im willing to look into anything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest checking out golf courses in the OOB area, like Dunegrass. There are a couple in Scarborough too (Nonesuch, Pleasant Hill CC). A lot of golf courses do weddings and may do ceremonies outside on their grounds.

Is Wells too far? The Old Marsh CC there looks nice and does weddings too. Also, there's a reserve in Wells that hosts weddings that may let you do just a ceremony: http://www.wellsreserve.org/visit/weddings

There's a lighthouse in Biddeford Pool -- no idea if you can have a ceremony there but maybe worth looking into: http://www.woodislandlighthouse.org/index.html

I would ask some of the reception venues they're looking at for some ideas on where brides have their ceremonies. And call the chambers of commerce in OOB or Saco for some ideas on parks, public spaces or other outdoor facilities.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    StarrbabyStarrbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just posted this location for someone else.......about a mile up the beach from OOB is a fantastic little area called Ocean Park.  There is a phenomenol rustic structure called The Temple that I love!!  It's very old fashioned, easy to get to, and just a short walk to the beach.  I think there is a Ocean Park Association that you would have to talk to about it.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards