Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Venue reviews?

Lemme hear your Quad City reception venue reviews!

Future Mrs. Frett

Re: Venue reviews?

• Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're using Davenport Country Club later this year and so far they're amazing.  Anne, the coordinator, is awesome and very responsive.  I'm can't wait until the big day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the DCC.  I actually worked there in high school and my brother had his wedding reception there a few years ago.  Our wedding is in Milan though so it just seems too far out, plus 75% of our guests are out-of-towners.  It's a beautiful venue though and you can get amazing photos on the golf course.
  • Options
    Boynton1286Boynton1286 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DCC is gorgeous. We are using the Eldridge community center, it is cheap and you can bring in all of your own stuff (caterer, DJ, cake, etc) I have been to quite a few receptions there and the decoration possibilities are endless!

I was also VERY impressed with The Golden Leaf Banquet center on Kimberly, the ladies that run it are so sweet. The only think that I didn't like was that they reccommend that you use their DJ otherwise they charge you a fee for hiring your own. They use the Heart of America for catering (Iowa machine shed) so the food is amazing but starts around $15/plate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    qtrfanqtrfan member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Tanglewood Hills does a great job on a budget.  We had my daugher's wedding in the chapel and followed up with the reception in the Evergreen Room.

I can't say enough how helpful the ladies there were - they eliminated the need for a DOC.  Plus you can rent their decorations - or not.   We used some items.

After the event, they do the clean up.  The food was excellent,and they were easy on the budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have any experience with the Radisson Quad City Plaza (Davenport)?  Since 75% of our guests are from out of town, we prefer to host the reception at a hotel.  Plus, there will be a lot of drinkers : )

Like most couples, we are working with a tight budget.  However, the Radisson actually seems like it is the most affordable hotel option (surprisingly!).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Steeplegate?  That's where we're using next March.  It's so inclusive and the people are so great to work with.  Granted, their hot buffet starts at like $16 a head, but it's so inclusive.  If you spend a certain amount on food, they comp you the hall rental price - only game in town we looked at that does this.  15% off lodging for guests.  Centerpieces are comp.  Tables, linens, flatware, dinnerware, glassware, chairs all comped.  Cake table, guest book table, head table, yadda yadda comped. DJ table and one mic comped. Unlimited pop for all guests, all night long, $175.  Their buffet menu includes a dessert....who needs a dessert at a wedding, there's cake, right?  So they have this offer-if you have 100+ guests you can switch out their dessert for an ice sculpture.  They gave us a stack of hotel cards to send in the invites.  We also got in on an incentive to book-we had them booked by March 1, and therefore we get our bridal suite that night comped as well.  Oh and the free hot continental breakfast buffet for guests, and a comped room for opening gifts the next morning.  And one of the biggest draws for us was, we can go in, any time we want between now and then, and put money down, and they save it toward our account.  So we were able to figure out a way to make monthly payments NOW, so that we can walk in for the final meeting a week before the wedding, and we've already paid for the reception in a very budget friendly way.  We will also be getting an invitation to their dinner bridal expo at the end of this month.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Figge next spring, I'd be curious to hear from any Figge brides.

I should also mention that I loved the Renwick Mansion when I saw it, really beautiful and unique (and cheap!) but it was just too small for us and I didn't want to have to tent a bunch of the outdoor area.
  • Options
    mvh2010mvh2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Holiday Inn in the District of Rock Island.  We needed a place close (wedding is in Milan) with many out of town guests. So far Heather has been wonderful to work with!  Love her!
  • Options
    squinnaksquinnak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using the Holiday Inn in Rock Island.  Heather has been very accomodating with our needs. It has beautiful chandeliers and mirrors if you want elegance for your reception. We are actually doing the ceremony there and there is only a $250 fee for the reset of the room to be used at the reception. We are having around 200 people so we get the use of three rooms on their second floor. There are excellent photo sites in the hotel too! Great extras for your guests like the swimming pool, exercise room, and attached Bennigan's. You get your wedding night included along with several other perks!!!
    Highly recommend!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards