North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Save The Dates

Since me and my FI are not from the obx and all of our guests will be traveling there, does anyone have thoughts about how many months in advance to send the Save the Dates? 

Re: Save The Dates

• Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6-9 months out typically.  It can be 12 months if you're dealing with international travel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we are sending ours  in October.  Our wedding date is 5/26/2012
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls!  keb2482 my date is June 2, 2012 a week after yours.  I guess I will look at sending them out in October as well.  I am just so excited I do not want to wait :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours out at 10 months, which I now feel was too early.  We're at our max invitee level now, but theres some friends I hang out with more now that I wish I had room to invite
  • Options
    llilleyllilley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married May 25, 2012 and sent out Save the Dates to family and close friends in mid-June.  I'm a planner/type A and would appreciate knowing the date for a wedding I wanted to travel to as soon as possible so I thought that might run in my family...
  • Options
    jlbmousiejlbmousie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hotels, motels, cottages can book pretty quickly at the beach.   I would suggest at minimum 6 months in advance.  When I was at the beach in May there were already advertising promotions for the 2012 season. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're on track.  We sent ours out just before Thanksgiving for our June 24th wedding.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our wedding is June 2, 2012 and my planner told me to send them out either before Thanksgiving or after Christmas - she said sending them during that Christmas rush is a mess since so many people are mailing holiday cards and gifts...something is bound to get lost.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    martinymartiny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is 7/12/2012 and were sending them out in August, we have people traveling from over seas and want to give them plenty of notice....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards