Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Costa Rica

Anybody been?  I think this is where we are going to go!  Very excited.

Anyone know anything about the Pacuare Lodge?  It looks unbelieveable!

Re: Costa Rica

• Options
    Was there two weeks ago for a destination wedding! Had an amazing time we stayed at the Riu Guanacaste - an all inclusive resort. The resort was good, but Costa Rica in general was amazing - the people, the activities (if your adventurous) and the landscapes are outstanding! Would def recommended going if your looking to incorporate some adventures into your HM! Good luck with planning!
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Mel!  We definitely want a mix of being lazy on a beach and having a little adventure.  You white water raft into and out of the lodge I mentioned--which seems so cool!  I will check out the Riu, as well!
  • Options
    binnie1binnie1 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi  - we just booked a week with Light of Dawn - private villa that offers an all inclusive package for couples.  http://www.mytropicalhoneymoon.com.  we were looking for that same mix of relaxation and adventure.  So far the owners have been great to work with and very responsive.  There are reviews on trip advisor that were all positive.  We moved our honeymoon from October to December to ensure better weather.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I heard awesome things about Riu. We stayed at Grand Papagayo and hated it. Not recommended. That resort you mentioned sounds really cool!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm considering Costa Rica and too and that resort looks gorgeous but I had trouble getting their rates to pull up.. are you able to see them what's the range?
  • Options
    LOOK ON PRICELINE for the Riu Guanacaste---we just booked it last night through priceline, and are paying around 150 a night, and less than 2000 for 11 nights! we are so excited!!!
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Options
    It's curretnly listed at $231 how do you get it down to $150? We're not booking anytime soon but learning the tricks of the trade could really be useful!!  Or maybe it was the date range I listed?
  • Options
    Thanks again gals!  Appreciate all of the info!
  • Options
    Check out the Rio celeste hideaway.  www.riocelestehideaway.com We stayed our entire honeymoon there and it was incredible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I spent some time there a couple years ago and it was amazing! I;m not sure about Pacuare Lodge but I went rafting on the Pacuare River and it was amazing! Seriously, one of the coolest things I've ever done. I don't have any info on nice hotels since I stayed in hostels, but if you're interested places to go and things to do you can check out the blog I kept while I was visiting- http://sunsmilesdown.blogspot.com/

I hope that helps!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am looking to get married in March 2013 at the Riu Guanacaste. I would really appreciate any feedback you might have on weddings there and vacations there. I have stayed at the Riu in Cancun and loved it and after reading reviews for Costa Rica I am even more excited about the Riu there. Any advice is helpful. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards