Connecticut
Options

How long before booking the JOP?

I am getting married in Mystic in June 2011 and we want to book a JOP from the area so we don't get hit for extra traveling charges.  There are a couple of good ones from what I've seen so far, but how soon is too soon to book an officiant, especially if he/she is popular?  Do you just meet with them and book them and forget about them until the day before?  Ahhh so confused lol
"I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Re: How long before booking the JOP?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you've decided on someone that you like, I don't think there is a too soon.  We booked ours over a year before the wedding, and yes, we met, she gave us some ceremony info so that we could create our ceremony and then I didn't touch base with her until about 3 months prior to the wedding.  If you know who you want, better to book them now than find out later that someone else ended up securing them for your date.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked mine 5 weeks before the wedding. We were in a bind and needed someone quickly. It worked out for us, thankfully, but if you find someone you really like/want then make sure to book them as soon as you can. And if it is way in advance, keep in touch with them and follow up often.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you found someone you want to work with and they are willing to book/put together a contract with you and you are sure it's what you want, I would book it.  The only other suggestion would be to ask them if they would give you first refusal on the date, should someone else call, in the interim.  However, going that route, there are likely no guarantees.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards