New York-Long Island

ndows on the lake

my sister is getting married and we were thinking of checking out windows on the lake... any feedback on this venue?

Re: ndows on the lake

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I actually went there to check it out in May when I was choosing a venue. My thoughts....looked much much nicer on the website then the actual place..... I checked out about 6 venues or so. The Windows on the Lake guy also owns the Beach Club Estate I wanna say and that too wasn't as nice when you actually went there. That's my opinion though:-) Good luck!!

• auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I live in Ronkonkoma and pass the place daily.  It looks very nice from the outside; however, it is not located directly on the Lake.  You and your guests have to cross Pond Road to a grassy area where they perform their outdoor ceremonies and take photos.  Can I make a suggestion?  Do check out The Thatched Cottage in Centerport overlooking the Sound.  It receives rave reviews about its food and service.  It is a beautiful place where we planned a wedding but, because of illness, had to cancel at the last minute.  As a result, my husband and I are offering $2,500 in free deposit money to any couple who books with the Cottage.  This deposit money would certainly help you out toward your wedding costs.  Check out their website and make a visit.  If you decide to book with them, contact me at kvanbell@optonline.net about the money offer.  You have nothing to lose and something to gain.  Happy hunting and I hope you find the dream place for your wedding!

• ceyringceyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went there for an Easter brunch with my family in 2008 and the food was beyond awful.  The bread was stale, I found a literally rotten strawberry, even my brother-in-law's chicken fingers were nasty.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards