Florida-Central Florida
Options

"Family Style" Catering at weddings

What are your thoguhts on this as opposed to taditional Plated meals or Buffet?

We have chosen this as a happy medium for our wedding, as to still look "proper" and allow guest to enjoy their meal seated. But still save money as it is just a bit more expensive than buffet but much more affordable then plated.

How do you feel about this? Have you been to a wedding with Family Style courses yet?

Re: "Family Style" Catering at weddings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend had her reception at Maggiano's & they did this and we all LOVED IT! We didn't have to get up and down like a buffet (or feel like heathens with people watching "OMG is that her 4th time to the buffet?!") lol But there was PLENTY of food & the waiters were more than happy to refill any dish that was low. I think it's a great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister's wedding served a family-style dinner (she was married March 2009 @ the Winter Park Farmers Market - catered by Arthurs).  It was amazing and totally went for the feel she was going for (Italian/French countryside).  She had bottles of wine and loaves of bread with olive oil & herb dipping sauce on the table.  It was such a warm, family feel.  Just make sure that you are clear with whoever is providing your meal about HOW, WHEN and in WHAT ORDER you want the food served.  She has planned the menu to be served in courses and staged out the food in a certain way.  The caterer didn't serve it exactly as she wanted but it was not even noticed by the guests.  Also the menu cards with this type of service are very important to let your guests know what to expect is coming next... this way they will not feast on the first "course" and will save room for the yummy food that is still yet to be served.  :)
    jeannie ♥ harry {05.01.10}
    married bio with vendor reviews
    planning bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards