Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Do I HAVE to have a color theme?

The theme of our wedding is fiesta which is so colorful within itself that it feels weird to confine it to just a couple of colors.

Thoughts?

Re: Do I HAVE to have a color theme?

• My wedding is similar! We are getting married at our local zoo which has an "adventure" theme to it. There are tons of colors in our restaurant and my Godfather is bringing me multi-colored, bright table cloths from Ecuador.

We have no color scheme, obviously, because we are using a ton of colors! Our centerpieces will most likely be greenery (don't need much else with those table cloths!) and my flowers will be simple. My girls will be in yellow, coral, or pink (havne't decided yet), my invites are yellow, etc.

Just do what makes you happy!! You don't need a color scheme at all.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I've got two MAIN colors, but lots of other colors - the main ones are purple and orange. Burgandy, brown, olive green, dark purple, dark orange, gold, red, yellow are also colors. It's mostly fall themed, so numerous colors work. But I agree with PP, having one or two main colors will really help tie everything together so it doesn't look like a mis-mash of colors exploding all over everything!
  • I agree with a big fat NO (not necessary) on this one.  I'm pretty sure the concept of having 'color themes' is yet another gift from the big old machinery that is the wedding industry.
    I think picking one to two colors can be a useful tool in that it makes it easier to create a classic/elegant look that doesn't distract from the wedding itself, but really not necessary as long as you keep in mind how everything you're choosing will look together and making sure you're okay with the results. 
    I'm severely aesthetically challenged (and lazy) so picking two colors that didn't clash from the start made things easier for me and it was nice not having to worry about whether guests would get vertigo just from looking at centerpieces against flowers and tablecloths. 
    However, if you're going for a 'fiesta' feeling and willing to put that extra effort into keeping in mind how everything will look together, I say the more colors the merrier:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards