Pennsylvania

Rehearsal Dinner

I was wondering how much people spend on rehearsal dinners. Genetti's, where we're having the wedding, has said that we can choose the prices for what we want. Our rehearsal is going to be a lunch since the ceremony is going to be at 1 pm the next day. I want everyone to be comfy with the lighting and the way it'll look the next day, especially the photographers! My FI's parents also want to help us with this and we don't want to spend too much per plate.

So how much did you spend? And how many people did you have?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the number of people and cost should depend on your budget.  How much do you want to spend? Decide that and then figure out how many people you can have at what cost per plate.  Our guest list is being determined by cost, and our costs are what we budgeted.  I don't know if this helps, but this is how we thought of it. good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We had 35 people (parents, grandparents, and the wedding party with their dates).  It was a sit-down dinner and open bar -- about $40 per person.

It depends on what you want to do -- ours was a bit formal, but I've been to nice buffets, restaurants where the tab is picked up, etc.  

Long story short, you have to invite the wedding party after the rehearsal and some people invite out-of-towners (we didn't because ALL guests were out of towners)  and YOU (or a generous parent who offers) have to pay - not the people attending.  But its your budget/style.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Deb and Liz, it really depends upon what you want to do and the amount of money you want to spend. It can be as formal or casual as you prefer.

We had a credit with a catering company so I had them do a casual "homey" family style meal in the rec. center at our church. We included lots of desserts and gourmet coffee selections instead of serving alcohol. It was really laid back and the family enjoyed time mingling with each other while I was upstairs putting out some of our church decorations. It worked well for us.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards