Hawaii
Options

It's so dead on here! Poll

And I'm on summer break procrastinating from painting my bathroom and avoiding my downstairs neighbour. There are so many new people on the boards, and it's kinda killing me that it's so slow right now!

Level One: Go!

Name:
Wedding Location (and why):
Wedding Date:
FI/DH's level of awesomeness today:

Level Two: High School
What high school did you go to?
Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment?
Which was easier for you: English or math

Level Three: Work
Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally?
Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama?
If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead?

Level Four: Hobbies
Do you have any?
Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady?
Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun?

Level Five: Confessions
Something that makes you want to scream:
Something that makes you want to jump for joy:
Something you're OCD about:
Something you're obsessed with:

As always, bonus points for PIPs!

Re: It's so dead on here! Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011

Name: Alyson
    Wedding Location (and why): Olowalu b/c it was private, on Maui and GORGEOUS.
    Wedding Date: August 18 2009
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today: Relatively awesome. It would have been a higher level if he hadn't been banging pots all morning while he was making his lunch. What did he need those pots for anyway? Lunch was leftovers...

What high school did you go to? St. Paul's Catholic High School. (I'm not Catholic either. I went to a Jewish kindergarten too. I'm also not Jewish. My school based religious education has been interesting to say the least!)
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment? My school went from grades 7-=OAC (grade 13 which is now gone from Ontario), and I hated it up until grade 11. My last two years were awesome though.
    Which was easier for you: English or math: English, but I was still an 80s student in math.

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally? Yes! Once we have a house and kids, I really want to do a teaching exchange overseas to somewhere like New Zealand or England.
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama? Yes! And no (at least not that I know of). Half of my staff hates each other. It's really pretty ridiculous.
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead? I'd love to get paid for writing! That would be awesome. But, if I wasn't teaching, I'd really like to be doing something in international development.

Do you have any? Yes.
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady? One is super old ladyish.
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun? I cross-stitch! Please don't make too much fun of me! I'm pretty crafty - I've just gotten into lino printing and I really want to make this this summer. Also reading and dreaming about my next meal.

Something that makes you want to scream: All the girls on the Food and Cakes board who insist you have to cater to picky eaters and go bland for food. Maybe it's just my upbringing, but I think it's really important to be a good guest and eat what was on the plate regardless of personal preference. Being picky (and making a deal of it) is just such poor etiquette.
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy: I'm finally putting wedding pics up on the wall!
    Something you're OCD about: I have to organize things in the colour of the rainbow. No. Seriously.
    Something you're obsessed with: True Blood! God, I love that show (and Eric)!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its dead because its summer time and everyone's running off and actually getting married instead of playing with us and talking about getting married... :)

Name: Jenn
    Wedding Location (and why): Waiale Country Club Honolulu, HI (My mom works here and I always knew I was going to get married there. Even though I'm now in TN, I grew up in Hawaii and there's no way I wasn't going to get married there. )
    Wedding Date: Nov 27, 2010
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today: It's been extra awesome recently because he finished his last CPA exam and finally has time to talk wedding.

What high school did you go to? Moanalua (on oahu)
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment? Mostly happy, More feelings of nostalgia that I'm not as close to my high school friends any more.
    Which was easier for you: English or math Definitely math.

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally? I want to move westward to be closer to family but I'm also very happy with my current job. So it depends? Haha probably not internationally .
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama? No my office is a bunch of cute little ladies who are extra moms me and I love it. No drama here
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead? I worked at a pediatric office before and I loved it.

Do you have any? We're trivia night nerds and go out sometimes 4 nights a week to local bars that have games. We're pretty awesome too.
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady? Not old lady but people make fun of us when me and FI quiz each other on superbowl winners to prepare for trivia.
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun? I slacked on my cranes as a result of super mario galaxy 2. Probably spent literally a hundred hours playing the last 2 months.

Something that makes you want to scream: Closed-minded people 
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy: Is it a cliche to say the wedding? Specifically when college friends decide they are going to make the long trip
    Something you're OCD about: Vacations-I'm a micromanaging over-planner. Charts with hours/prices/address are always made before "vacations"
    Something you're obsessed with: I was pretty upset when LOST ended. Haven't yet found a new obsession quite like that.
    Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Name: Crystal
    Wedding Location (and why): Maui - Makena surf beach. Never been, it's been our dream vacation, we thought why not tie the knot on our first visit to our ideal vacation spot
    Wedding Date: May 19 2011
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today: absolute awesomeness! been with him for 10 years and still want to wake up everyday with him..... at the risk of sounding cliche, he's my best friend........ besides, he's still sleeping and hasn't had a chance to annoy me yet today...... maybe i'll update this answer in a few hours Tongue out

What high school did you go to? Reynolds Secondary
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment? little bit of A, little bit of B. Had the time of my life and tons of great memories but wish I'd buckled down a little more on a academic level
    Which was easier for you: English for sure - funny how now it's math that i enjoy

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally? I have my roots here, I'd never leave this island - it's beautiful, I love it and I'm such a family girl - could never leave em' (as much as they drive me nuts)
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama? a little. I have a very menopausal coworker that insists i ride her emotional rollercoaster with her daily. I swear to god it's like working with a 5 year old
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead? I've just done a recent career path change so that ones a toughy for me - maybe something with a better wage?

Do you have any? as of late..... wedding plannning LOL. Sadly I don't have any lately...... I used to scrapbook
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady?
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun? I've been focused on losing 5lbs so working out has  been my fun/release for the most part these day's. Shopping would probably be next in line. hmmmmm after typing that out I'm realizing i need a life

Something that makes you want to scream: Bad table manners (again back to the coworker - chomps down on random food at her desk all while chewing with her mouth open and talking with her mouth full)
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy: sorry have to say it...... the wedding
    Something you're OCD about: ok don't laugh at me, it's weird and random and I have no clue where this stemmed from ....... I have this weird thing about my neck. I can't handle the thought of greasy fingers/or dripping food on my neck. I can't watch kids eat melting ice cream and watch it drip onto their neck - it's disgusting. Dave (FI) will prey on this one and pretend to dab a piece of pizza onto his neck or some other equally gross greasy thing and just watch me squirm.
    Something you're obsessed with: losing 5lbs - I've lost 20lbs and obsessed with busting through my plateau to drop the last 5lb (if anything even more so not that we're planning the wedding).

As always, bonus points for PIPs!
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Name:  Jen

Wedding Location (and why):  Olowalu Plantation - it's gorgeous and it's in paradise, what better place to get married?!

Wedding Date: 7-5-11

FI/DH's level of awesomeness today:  Very awesome!!

What high school did you go to?  Hillsboro High School (WI)

Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment?  Happy heart, I had great friends (who I am still friends with), and growing up in a small town was the best experience ever. 

Which was easier for you: English or math - English, I hate math!

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally?  Depends on the job, I wouldn't leave my family unless it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama?   Yes, I am the manager of my office and I have a very bad employee who I am in the process of getting rid of. 
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead?   Doctor or Dentist

Do you have any?  Not really, I like reading and hiking but I don't know that I have an official 'hobby'. 

Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady?  Nah.

Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun?  Really, we just hang out!  To me there is nothing better than snuggling up with my fiance and dog and watching movies. 

Something that makes you want to scream:  Bad drivers. 

Something that makes you want to jump for joy:  Wedding planning, thinking of marrying the man of my dreams!

Something you're OCD about:  Making sure my hair accessories are unplugged, I always think that I left them on.

Something you're obsessed with:  Right now - my wedding. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alyson - isn't Eric just AMAZING?!?!?  Ugh, I love True Blood so much, although I am getting worried for Eric's character.  All the stuff that's going on right now can't fare well for poor hot Eric. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_its-dead-here-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:fe229c9d-0055-4fe6-8991-db8ab4020c62Post:b62c3200-6460-4e32-95f7-3d687096b2be">Re: It's so dead on here! Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alyson - isn't Eric just AMAZING?!?!?  Ugh, I love True Blood so much, although I am getting worried for Eric's character.  All the stuff that's going on right now can't fare well for poor hot Eric. 
    Posted by AKWinterBride[/QUOTE]

Ugh! I know! Have you read the books? The show is sufficinetly different that I really have no idea what's going to happen next!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name:  Cari
    Wedding Location (and why):  Hale Koa...reasonable and the food is yummy
    Wedding Date:  July 23, 2011
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today:  awesome! he made sure i got up! :) he'd be awesomely awesome if it weren't for the LD relationship!

What high school did you go to? Moanalua
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment? a very happy heart!
    Which was easier for you: English or math  English. good thing i'm an english elementary teacher rather than a math one hehe.

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally?: depends on the circumstances...maybe to another island but not any braver than that :)
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama? no i love working with my grade level.  there's probably some drama here and there though.
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead?  hmmm maybe dental hygiene or something like that :)

Do you have any? dancing :), crafting sometimes
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady? hehe nah
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun? shopping! relaxing in front of the tv

Something that makes you want to scream:  school is starting in two weeks...wedding is in a year and a week!
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy:  i'm going to be a tenured teacher! :)
    Something you're OCD about: organizing my school things...and starting to get OCD about my save the dates hehe.
    Something you're obsessed with:  finding japanese kimono fabric at the moment...alyson any ideas? :) hehe

darn i was going to PIP a picture of my nephew/ring bearer but i forget how to PIP....one of these days hehe :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Name: Amanda
    Wedding Location (and why): Gannon's.  The reception and ceremony are in the same location, and the view is breath taking
    Wedding Date: Oct, 22, 2010
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today:  I haven't seen him today, but he was so awesome yesterday that the points carry over to today.  He took care of the entire yard (lawn and plants), my least favorite chore.

What high school did you go to?  Hazen High (the only one in our small town) Smile
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment?  I think a happy heart.  I'm not really close to many friends from High school, but I have fond memories
    Which was easier for you: English or math  English by far.

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally?  I would be willing to move within the country.  I think internationally would be difficult with licensing.
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama? Lots o' drama in our office filled with menopausal women, some days are tough!
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead?  I really don't know, possibly another area of medicine?

Do you have any? yup
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady?  Not really
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun?  I love reading, however I have really gotten in running in the last few years.  It's always fun to hang out at home with FI and watch movies.

Something that makes you want to scream:  I have to agree with AKWinterBride.  BAD drivers!
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy:  That my wedding is in less than 100 days!
    Something you're OCD about: Making sure the house is clean before we go to bed.  I hate waking up to a messy house.
    Something you're obsessed with:Honestly, planning the wedding, and trying to get all the details to come together.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    55pawsh55pawsh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name: Cheri
    Wedding Location (and why): Kualoa Ranch - 80 lb dog friendly :)
    Wedding Date: 10.10.10.
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today:  super awesome!!

What high school did you go to?  Mililani (oahu)
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment?  Loved HS
    Which was easier for you: English or math: Def English... still use my fingers for math!!

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally?  Depends
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama?  Yes drama, nope not the center of it thankfully!!
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead?  either get back into tv journalism or try farming on the big island (seriously!)

Do you have any?  furbabies, reading & running
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady?  nope
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun?  beach w/ the FI & furbabies, hang out w/ family & friends

Something that makes you want to scream:  how quickly you can gain wieght, but how sloooowly it comes off!!
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy:  its friday :)
    Something you're OCD about: celery or bananas touching things i wanted to eat... i hate celery and banans, they cannot touch or be in anything i eat.  i hate the smell of bananas, poor fi has to leave the room to eat them
    Something you're obsessed with: shoes & wedding planning
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Level One: Go!Name: Brittana
    Wedding Location (and why): Sugarman Estate--it seemed more our style and was on the right side of the island.
    Wedding Date: 12.12.10.
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today:  Nah....not too impressed with his teasing me about not running off to the gym as soon as I wake up.  But, I bring it on myself by talking the gym up and then not following through.  

What high school did you go to?  Pacific Northern Academy (Anchorage)
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment?  Loved HS
    Which was easier for you: English or math: I was a pretty good student all around; love both, hence why I majored in both Economics and English.  

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally?  Not now, later we'll move back to the US.
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama?  Not yet employed, just graduated and it's still school holidays.  A few more days and I'll be teaching casually (i.e. substitute teaching). So, we'll see.  There is more drama trying to get my final grade from one class--the "marker" marked me down, without reason and with heaps of grammatical errors in her comments.  Apparently, now, no one in the class has their grades and they're two weeks late.
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead? Lawyer

Do you have any?  I thought I did, I don't know what happened.
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady?  ???
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun? Movies, traveling, reading

Something that makes you want to scream:
    poor organization/procedures as well as not just bad drivers, but people who drive below the speed limit! 
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy: 22 days until I see my mommy in Hawaii, hehe.
    Something you're OCD about: I don't know if I'm OCD, but movies about corruption, etc, just get on my nerves, because as mentioned above, I don't understand how the procedures/systems could allow it to develop.
    Something you're obsessed with: besides the obvious wedding, family and FI, I'd have to say planning and or Harry Potter.
  • Options
    aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Name: Alex
    Wedding Location (and why): Royal Lahaina Resort. Good price for what you get. Overlooking the beach. Great people to work with.
    Wedding Date: June 8th, 2011
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today: So/So, just cuz I havent seen him today since I worked all day, and when I talked to him, he was kinda...ehh

What high school did you go to? Gardner Edgerton High School
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment?Happy heart. I liked high school, I kinda miss it.
    Which was easier for you: English or math English

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally? Hmm, yeah. If the oppertunity was like once in a lifetime. I know my family doesnt want me moving far away so they can see their grandkids!
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama? Ha, not really. My job consists of 3 employees and my boss. Us three girls are best friends, they are my MOHs! So not alot of drama.
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead? Umm, well. Maybe vet tech? Ha, I love animals!

Do you have any? Photography
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady? Nah.
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun? See movies. Shop, hang with my girls!

Something that makes you want to scream: Dishonest people. Slow drivers. People who have huge egos.
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy: Vacation next week!
    Something you're OCD about: I have a lot of OCD. My food cannot touch, NO MATTER WHAT! At restaurants, I sometimes have to get seperate plates so I can push my food away from each other, its bad. I am very organized. I make excel charts/itenerary's for vacations, wedding stuff, ect.  
    Something you're obsessed with: Right now, wedding planning! Losing weight. =)
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Name: Allison
    Wedding Location (and why): The Coconut Club-the view is breath-taking...
    Wedding Date: 08.09.10-FI should have no excuse! LOL!
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today: SUPER awesome...since we are in a long distance relationship, we talk at least for 10-15 minutes everyday.  I miss being with him in person. 

What high school did you go to? Whitehouse High -it's in TX
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment? Ahhh- a little of both
    Which was easier for you: English or math: this is a no brainer-MATH...love it.

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally? Possibly move if the pay, work load, location is right, but not internationally.
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama? Heck ya there's always drama.  Drama travels around into different departments...when you have a bunch of hormonal women working together = non-stop drama.
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead? Dental assistant or Physical therapist

Do you have any? Ahh I guess so.
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady? I use to do cross-stitch and sewing but not recently.  I do like scrapbooking but there isn't enough time for that now.
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun? Ahhh...well I spend most of my free time working on wedding stuff and playing FB games-I'm an addict! LOL!

Something that makes you want to scream: People who do not pull their own weight at work but insist that they do; people who drive while texting or using their cellphone;
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy: I'm marrying my best friend in 3 weeks Monday.
    Something you're OCD about: uh...I can't think of one now.
    Something you're obsessed with: at this time, working on welcome passports.
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    licia9880licia9880 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Name: Alicia
    Wedding Location (and why): Royal Kona Resort -- Kona is FIs hometown
    Wedding Date: March 5, 2011 (we had to change it 3 times already, hopefully this is it!)
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today: Super awesome. He made major progress in the wedding plans, including booking a band for the ceremony/cocktail hour, finding a site for the after party, and finding vacation rentals for my family :) Plus, he's been taking care of me while I have a cold.

What high school did you go to? Sparta High (in NJ)
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment? Most of high school was great -- definitely happy looking back
    Which was easier for you: English or math English by far

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally? I would love too -- especially internationally. I have always wanted to live in England! FI would like to go back to HI though.
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama? I feel like we always have drama (I work in HR, my job is to manage the drama!) I try to stay out of it though.
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead? If I could go back and do it again I would have gone to med school or physical therapy school

Do you have any? Yes, just don't usually have the time for them
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady? Not really
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun? Play with the kids, travel, go to the movies, swim, cook, read...

Something that makes you want to scream: Dishonest people
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy: Seeing smiles on my kids' faces
    Something you're OCD about: Making sure the floors are clean -- sounds ridiculous I know, but I vaccuum obsessively. With two kids, a golden retriever, and a cat, I have to be!
    Something you're obsessed with: Right now, wedding planning
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Name: Rebecca
    Wedding Location (and why): Maui, HI on the beach somewhere- Its what FI wanted
    Wedding Date: 9/15/12
    FI/DH's level of awesomeness today: Today 4 I'm in a grumpy mood and he pointed it out.

What high school did you go to? Mountain View High School
    Do you look back on high school with a happy heart or with feelings of resentment? Resentment- I hated high school. Kids were evil, teachers were evil, I went to a school in a higly populated religious area, even though it was public religion was still brought in.
    Which was easier for you: English

Would you be willing to move for a job? How far? Internationally? Yes, Acutally I want to go to San Diego. I would love to also work in Europe or Asia.
    Do you have workplace drama? Are you at the center of the drama? I work with old people, of course there is work place drama. They are like your faimly, so you not only have gosip from co workers but the residents as well. I love my job. No not the center, was when FI and I started dating ;)
    If you weren't doing the job you're currently in, what would you want to be doing instead? Traning Arabians.

Do you have any? Horseback Riding, cooking and sewing
    Are they the kind of hobbies you're slightly embarrassed about because they make you seem like an old lady? Yes the Sewing does
    Alright, tell me, what do you do for fun? Plan elaborate vacations for my dreams... its the someday file

Something that makes you want to scream: Idiot Drivers
    Something that makes you want to jump for joy: My dogs and horses
    Something you're OCD about: Unplugging things
    Something you're obsessed with: San Diego
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards