New York-Western

engagement photos/winery

So I just booked our photography and we get a complimentary engagement session this summer! I was thinking of ideas and my fiance and I love going wine tasting and it's something really special to us so I thought about doing an engagement photo session at our favorite winery which is in niagara on the lake (canada). After talking with our photographer I found out she may not be able to go into canada for work (but she's great and looking into it for me!)

What I wanted suggestions for is any wineries in the buffalo area that people may have been to that have nice scenery. I know there are several in niagara county near wheatfield/sanborn/lockport but we haven't been to those so I'm wondering if anyone else can help out!

Hopefully Canafa will work out but if not I want a back-up.... thanks!!!!

Re: engagement photos/winery

• MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Becker Farms/Vizcarra Vineyards would be nice for an engagement session.  It's in Gasport, NY.  There is a winery, farm, and brewery so there are lots of options for photos.  And good wine, beer, and baked goods too! :)
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree - Becker Farms has a lot of different areas, so it would be a great option. Marjim Manor is in an old Victorian home and very close to Lake Ontario.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know much about wineries in the area but I agree that Becker Farms has a lot of options and would probably have some nice places for pictures.
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Becker Farms all the way! I love their vineyard and everything else.. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_engagement-photoswinery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:b3de48df-1222-46bc-8dc1-dbcc0d309e3aPost:d565d2a1-887a-43ef-bda3-b598f23e6c38">Re: engagement photos/winery</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree - Becker Farms has a lot of different areas, so it would be a great option. Marjim Manor is in an old Victorian home and very close to Lake Ontario.
    Posted by cgielow[/QUOTE]

Both of these are great options!
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds like some "research field trips" are in order for you and your FI.  =D

i agree with becker farms. might be a good first one to go visit/check out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards