Offbeat Weddings

Zombie wedding!

We are having a renewal, & have decided to have it a zombie-theme. The wedding party will all be zombies, & I'm going to be human. We're having a buffet style dinner, & it's all going to resemble body parts. The party favors are going to have gummy body parts in the boxes. Is there anything anyone can think of that I might want to add? I'm always up for ideas!

Re: Zombie wedding!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_zombie-wedding-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:4c05a6f8-4b99-4e8c-93b2-0d231004ecc0Post:a282a275-b0c0-4be1-b2f1-8326c06d7ce2">Zombie wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having a renewal, & have decided to have it a zombie-theme. The wedding party will all be zombies, & I'm going to be human. We're having a buffet style dinner, & it's all going to resemble body parts. The party favors are going to have gummy body parts in the boxes. Is there anything anyone can think of that I might want to add? I'm always up for ideas!
    Posted by cindyt1971[/QUOTE]
    I would say make your dress cheap and tear it all up. As for food go with large steaks, the most red you can make a pie (strawberries/rasperries/rubarb), and make the cake a large torso that is cut open. :)
    In love since July 2010 with the man of my geeky dreams. I want to marry him by 2015. Ooooh weeee oooooh....
  • you could also go to the cermony human and to the reception as a zombie lol
  • RomeP, that's a hilarious idea!  And I love the idea of a zombie theme.  You could name the tables after well known zombie movies. 

• I went to a zombie wedding where they did what RomeP suggested and it was SO cute

• I saw a zommbie renewal in 2010. Bruce Cambell was the officant. He is such a funny man and he embaressed me the day after. :o (I volunteered for a zombie convention)
    In love since July 2010 with the man of my geeky dreams. I want to marry him by 2015. Ooooh weeee oooooh....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_zombie-wedding-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:4c05a6f8-4b99-4e8c-93b2-0d231004ecc0Post:0e22b195-3899-46ec-a28b-516ac464c1ff">Re: Zombie wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]you could also go to the cermony human and to the reception as a zombie lol
    Posted by RomeP[/QUOTE]

I had thought about that idea, but the guy doing our makeup said it would take an hour to change me from a human to a zombie. So I'm going as a human bride, then changing between the ceremony & reception into a torn up dress & mess up my makeup & hair.
  • I thought the idea was crazy when my FH suggested it but i am actually making it work with red black and white color scheme. I am going to get a red sash with beading so it looks like blood without ruining my dress.

• I'm trying to see why you would want to do this thing. 

You're presummably going to spend a lot of money to show up ruined and dishelved for the sake of what amounts to a Halloween party lark. I'm not against offbeat wedding ideas, or zombies at all (heck, my Christmas gift this year was centered around zombies, and I waited two hours in line to meet George Romero last year). The tables centerpieces, the food, are all great ideas, but why would you top that with "The renewed-bride looks like she fell out of the car on her way out and rolled all the way into the reception" ?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_zombie-wedding-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:4c05a6f8-4b99-4e8c-93b2-0d231004ecc0Post:62de1f0d-4bf6-47ff-b915-34bfecbc957e">Re: Zombie wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to see why you would want to do this thing.  You're presummably going to spend a lot of money to show up ruined and dishelved for the sake of what amounts to a Halloween party lark. I'm not against offbeat wedding ideas, or zombies at all (heck, my Christmas gift this year was centered around zombies, and I waited two hours in line to meet George Romero last year). The tables centerpieces, the food, are all great ideas, but why would you top that with "The renewed-bride looks like she fell out of the car on her way out and rolled all the way into the reception" ?
    Posted by rodigsorange[/QUOTE]

The reason I'm changing to look like that, is cause it'll look as if my husband attacked me after the ceremony to turn me into one of them. My reception dress is being bought at a thrift store, so I definitely won't be spending much on it. The entire wedding party will enter the reception together so it has a neater effect. So that is why I'm going to look like that between the ceremony & reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards