Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

6 months to edit our video?!.....

Hi ladies.

I just got married in October; the videographer we hired had a fabulous website and portfolio. About two weeks after the wedding I dropped him an e-mail asking him to let me know before he mailed our video because we were moving. He wrote me back and said he would contact me when they started editing.

I waited about four more weeks, and wrote him again, sending him my new address and asking for a specific timeline as to when we should expect our work. He wrote me back and told me they were still working on weddings from July (My wedding was the start of October) so they wouldn't be getting to ours for at least 6 more months.

Okay. So is this reasonable? How long did you guys who got video have to wait?.... I feel like this is really outrageous, especially since he didn't feel the need to even tell me I should expect to wait this long. But maybe this is the norm?....

Re: 6 months to edit our video?!.....

• Wow. Definitely not acceptable. First things first: check your contract. Hopefully this clearly dictates the turn around time for your product. Without this information documented in writing, it could be an uphill battle. I would recommend applying the pressure. Typical turnaround should be up to two months certainly NOT 8. Let them know that you paid for a service to be done in a timely manner. Without that satisfaction, you'll be forced to let your opinion be heard via reviews/forums. Being a wedding vendor is an especially tough and trying field. Client referrals and reviews mean the world! Best of luck and congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • <div>I don't think 6 months is unreasonable, given the fact that you got married in the heart of "wedding season."  It took me 6 months or so to get our wedding video, but about 30 days to get a highlight reel.</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_6-months-to-edit-our-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:15a01dbb-1db2-417f-a3c5-74e667944f5bPost:7a435cd2-7eb0-43b3-9275-7ae6269d5a1f">6 months to edit our video?!.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies. I just got married in October; the videographer we hired had a fabulous website and portfolio. About two weeks after the wedding I dropped him an e-mail asking him to let me know before he mailed our video because we were moving. He wrote me back and said he would contact me when they started editing. I waited about four more weeks, and wrote him again, sending him my new address and asking for a specific timeline as to when we should expect our work. He wrote me back and told me they were still working on weddings from July (My wedding was the start of October) so they wouldn't be getting to ours for at least 6 more months. Okay. So is this reasonable? How long did you guys who got video have to wait?.... I feel like this is really outrageous, especially since he didn't feel the need to even tell me I should expect to wait this long. But maybe this is the norm?....
    Posted by bedagi[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards