Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

I miss this place!

Ever since my FI got hired on for a new job, I've pretty much stopped looking at all things wedding related because right now we don't know if we're going to have to change the date or outright cancel and do something else!  I sure hope we don't have to cancel because we'd be out at least $1,000 just in deposits and attire :((  I know how  the ettiquete board feels about this idea, but I just want to spill my thoughts here, even though I'm sure pretty much everyone but close friends think the idea is abhorrent. 

We entertained the idea about just getting married here as soon as we pick up my wedding ring and then not stressing Vegas as much and making it a vow renewal or something like that instead.  Then we won't be out our money, we'll still get to put our stuff to use, etc etc.  I dunno....Is that bad??  We certainly wouldn't be sneaky to our friends and family about it.  I just can't stomach the idea of having spent that much money for nothing, you know?  I sure hope everyone's planning is going well and I am enjoying the recent reviews!  Good luck and congrats ladies :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I miss this place!

• Options
    On a personal level I have to say I'd do whatever to not be out $1000 bucks.  If I was your friend I'd be supportive of that.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I think you have to do what is best for both of you and not the friends and family or worry what they will think. As the previous post stated, losing $1000 wouldn't sit well with me, that's a lot of money and if it came down to it, I would just postpone the date to carry on with the plans made in Vegas so those deposits are not lost.
  • Options
    if you can postpone the date so you can keep your deposits. this decision should be made by u and your FI nobody else its your big day
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aw we miss you too!! Even the ettiquette board gives some wiggle room for last minute derailments. But you gotta do what you gotta do, and whatever makes you happy. I know you'll find something that works! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards