Maine
Options

chair rentals?

We are looking for a place to rent chairs for our wedding in Freeport.  We think we want something like chiavari chairs (I think that's what they're called).  We were going to rent from One Stop Party Shop in Portland, but FI went to look at them, and the demos they have are not maintained and really rickety.  They said that they maintain the ones they rent out better, but why would you do that?  I am skeptical. 

Any suggestions?  I'd also appreciate hearing if you had positive experiences with One Stop Party Shop. 

Re: chair rentals?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I felt the same way Jessica (I'm guessing that's your name).  I was going to rent from them but was so unimpressed with the quality of the items in their showroom that I am paying hundreds of dollars more to rent from a rental company here in MA (Rentals Unlimited).  Are you using Chivari chairs?  If so, the cost is about the same but delivery fees might be higher but I'd recommend giving Rentals Ulimited a call and seeing what they charge.  It's a shame too because the people at One Stop were so nice and great to work with.  But I just couldn't get over the sub par quality. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh, I should add that my caterer uses these guys all the time and doesn't have a bad thing to say about them.  I love my caterer and trust her indefinitely. If the delivery charge for a different company is way too much, then I wouldn't hesitate to rent from them if it's just chairs (and you were ok with the chair pad options they have). 

Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll guess your name is Chris and say thank you for your input :).  We are looking at the chiavari chairs.  Our venue suggested Rentals Unlimited and One Stop.  Have you seen them from Rentals Unlimited?  I guess FI thought the ones at One Stop also looked kind of fake in addition to being poorly maintained.  But you think the Rentals Unltd chiavaris are nice?  What color are you getting?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Chris is my name.  :)   The chairs from Rentals Unlimited were MUCH nicer!  They had a huge selection of chair pads and the chairs were less beat up and were certainly not rickety.  We are debating between the walnut (dark brown - one stop didn't even have this color) or the Gold.  Our cusion will be chocolate brown on either one.  I wouldn't worry about the quality with Rentals Unlimited, again I'd just worry about delivery fees.  One Stop is in Portland so them getting to Freeport might be much less expensive.  But then again, maybe not.  To give you an idea, I'm getting married in Bethel.  One Stop was going to charge $400 for delivery and Rentals Unlimited was $600.  I had no idea the charges would be so high!  But for a $200 difference, and the ability to find all the items we wanted (we weren't thrilled with the napkins or glassware at One Stop either), it was worth the extra $200.  What color are you looking for? I really loved the pearl chairs (that come with bengaline cushions already) but they just didn't go with our color scheme.
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about Leavitt & Paris rentals in Portland?  I don't know if they have the chairs you're looking for but they do a lot of renting?  I have no idea what kind of chair you're talking about but I'm guessing it's  the same ones we're using:

The ones in this picture?  If so I can ask Black Tie where they get theirs from... Harbor View just ordered their own but I'll need additional for my guest count.  We're using white (they're BRAND new thank goodness).  Also the Landing in Scarborough has them so I don't know where they get theres? Might be worth calling & asking!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jpickering, those are the kind of chairs I was talking about.  We were thinking about white or a natural wood.  FI actually found a different kind of wood chair that he likes better from the Leavitt & Paris website, so we might go with that (I tend to border on anti-bride, so picking the perfect chair is FI's project).  They are slightly more expensive than the chairs in the picture, but the delivery fee is less than what Chris posted from Rentals Unlimited.  It is a little weird that L&P doesn't have pricing online, but the quote they gave was in line with what we would expect ($275 delivery to Freeport on a Sunday).  I think the chiavari chairs (in your picture) are $7-$7.50 from One Stop and Rentals Unlimited, and the L&P wood ones (we are looking at the astor chair on their site) are $9. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the Astor chairs better myself.  Great choice!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and don't forget that my delivery is to Bethel so that's an additional 2 hours from Freeport. 
    Married 9.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards