Christian Weddings
Options

Favor Needed?

Hi ladies,

I'm a lurker but I am in need of encouragement and prayer. BOTH FI and I are now unemployed (suddenly) and while there are unemployment benefits being at home all day is taking a toll. For me (I'm being transparent) the idle mind is definitely getting to me. Not that I'm over taken by sin but I just have thoughts that I'd rather not have. I know it's Satan and his temptations but I am honestly running out of "strength" to keep seeking God. If you could say a prayer for us I'd appreciate it.

Tasha 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!

Re: Favor Needed?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear this! I will definitely pray for peace and a job opportunity! Keep your head up, girl! 
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry. You are both in my prayers!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies... I know it's a faith test. He's an educator and I'm an accountant. One would "assume" we'd be secure. God said otherwise. Crazy though because we've been both trying to decide where we will live after the wedding (we are 600 miles apart). Maybe God is working things out to show us where to be... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    praying for y'all!! it will all work out, in God's time which isn't always the time frame we want 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there any way you can get involved in something that WILL occupy some of your time? Think about those things you would have wanted to do if you had more time, maybe service opportunities in the church or not, going to that prayer meeting or Bible study for which your schedule did not allow, books you've wanted to read, etc.
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    God is good and I will keep you in my prayers. You are going through this test because it will one day be your testimony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Philippians 4:19 "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
    Hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be praying.  Keep us posted.

By the way, how did the two of you meet?
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_favor-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:3844a7fd-701a-4eee-bc1c-ed41341da1a2Post:ea251b6f-28dc-475c-9040-a01bd9ffd75a">Re: Favor Needed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]praying for y'all!! it will all work out, <strong>in God's time which isn't always the time frame we want 
    </strong>Posted by sprtychick10[/QUOTE]

True story. Well said!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards