Outdoor Weddings
Options

outdoor reception venue = LOST

I'm so lost on what to do we have a few options and we are on a budget and yeah like i said LOST. Now the 3 options are a choice between 2 state parks and an out door facility. The facility provides finger food at $12 a person and has a bar and all that for $350 an hour, but we really want an early evening reception and cant afford their dinner options. Than there are 2 beautiful state parks in the same area with group shelters wich is fine also and we would have to do food which is also fine. But i am worried about having enough electrical power for everything. I just need a little help i'm starting to stress pretty good!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: outdoor reception venue = LOST

• Options
    I'm having an outdoor ceremony at sunset (around 7:30) and an indoor reception. To save money since the event is quite a bit later in the evening, I'm only doing hors d'oeurves - quite a few of them, but definitely not a dinner. The invitation will somehow (in whatever way I can make it sound not tacky) make it clear that a full meal won't be served at the reception. If you have an evening reception, do you have to purchase the facility's meal options, or can you just opt. for the finger food?

Of course, if you want a full meal, then that won't work anyway. :) I hope you come up with a solution that works great for you soon.

And, random, but I saw "LOST" and thought that you were gonna say your venue looked like the island. I'll go be a nerd elsewhere now. :D
  • Options
    I vote for the state parks, of course I may be biased because that's where my wedding is going to be (basically, its regional not state, but still a park)

We originally planned on a dessert/cocktail reception (cake, snack mix, coffee, and sparkling water for the toast) The invitations say "dessert reception to follow"; since we're not serving alcohol we avoided saying cocktail reception. However after hearing our plans, family and friends are all excited about it and asked if they could organize together a potluck for more reception food. This may be a midwest mentality; but its working out well since we'll have more food to serve, everyone gets to feel like they contributed something and our budget doesn't have to change. A potluck was an idea early on in the wedding plan; but I was hesitant to ask at the risk of sounding cheap or tacky, however the family brought up the idea themselves and are genuinely eager to do it.
  • Options
    If you are concerned about the feasibility of pulling off a meal-time reception at a state park and you can't pay to serve a meal at a meal-time reception at an outdoor facility, to me your only good option is to have an afternoon reception (or any off meal-time reception) at your outdoor facility and/or state park.  

Is there no way you can double check on the electrical requirements at the state park to ensure whether it is/isn't feasible? 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks everyone we are probably going to do the facility and jsut do an afternoon reception. A friend of ours has offered his property to have a good ol country party for those of us who want to just have a party and those who we can not invite to the wedding reception because of money issues. and that party will be a potluck it all worked out and i got worried for nothing!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards