Ohio-Columbus
Options

Ballroom at Oakhurst?

Has anyone heard about this venue? Seems kind of mysterious. Someone told me that it holds more than 250 (I am planning for 260). Can't find a unique venue that holds more than 250 in Columbus...

Re: Ballroom at Oakhurst?

• Options
    I was going to check it out, but it's out of my price range. You'd want to contact the two caters to see the venu as oakhurst doesnt do that themselves. http://www.twocaterersvenues.com/ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I have never heard of it, but I know my venue (The Valley Dale Ballroom) did a 400+ person wedding last year so it might be worth checking out.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I've been to/was in two weddings (one in 2006, one in 2009) at Oakhurst Country Club...but I did a quick google search and it looks like they are revamping the venue. Could be interesting to check out!
  • Options
    We visited there.  In recent years, they have gone under new ownership and have been doing a lot of renovations.  We didn't go with them because it was a little out of our price range, but the wedding planner there did tell us that they were considering changing their rules to allow outside caterers and alcohol.

it's not really a ballroom...it's more of a long skinny half circle room.  There is a covered porch outside that runs the entire length of the event room, so the space is really doubled.  I know a lot of people have their ceremony on the covered porch and then do the reception inside.  
  • Options
    Valley Dale might be an option. I like that it is a vintage space as well. I'm going to contact Two Caterers today to get a tour of Oakhurst though... I am intrigued by the mid-century stuff.
  • Options
    I love the idea of having the ceremony outside and moving right inside for the reception. That is really cool. I am hoping to check it out soon.
  • Options
    I have not been to Oakhurst, but I am using Two Caterers for my wedding at Jorgensen Farms in Westerville. I saw that they are having a tasting on February 1 for Oakhurst. I think it is an open house or something. I found that open houses are a great way to check out a venue because you don't necessarily have to make an appointment or talk to a salesperson right away.

Good luck! SOunds interesting. Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards