Ohio-Cleveland

Tell me what you think about Davids Bridal....lol

So I called and HOLY RUDENESS BATMAN !

Seriously they have some cute BM dresses - I was going to take my MOH in a few weeks to look for BM Dresses only. She was just unprofessional. Honestly - I have not even set foot in the door and they are already acting like I am a burden?

Hah not getting my business .

Has anyone else had the same experience?  Surprised

Re: Tell me what you think about Davids Bridal....lol

• K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think it's just like any other store -- at some stores the employees are nasty, and at some stores they're helpful. I got a BM dress for another wedding at the location in Strongsville and some of the workers were really helpful in getting me the right size and some of them acted like I was just being a burden (like the girl texting on her phone at the little check-in desk ... ugh) If you thought they were nasty at one DB why not try another location, maybe you'll have a better experience? GL!
  • l337Jacquil337Jacqui member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have had rude experiences at the lyndhurst store and the strongsville store. i still went through them because they had the perfect BM dresses i was looking for, but ugh...if i could find them anywhere else i would have! i know a ton of other girls have had rude experiences too.
    jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    **Planning Bio**

• edited December 2011
    I had an awful experience with them too. The dressing rooms are sooooo small it was hard to try anything on. My mom kept pulling dresses for me to try on and the "consultant" would take credit for it! Ugh.

KByte, who did your photography at your wedding? I'm looking for someone with a vintage-type style and your sig pic is lovely!

Kim
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2katiej22katiej2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A warning about David's Bridal - they make you "register" with them by filling out a card with your address, email, phone number, and wedding date.  I had read in the Bridal Bargains book that they spam the heck out of you, so I didn't put my email address down when I stopped in there to try on dresses.  A few weeks later I started getting calls saying I won a "free honeymoon" (basically a scam, you have to listen to a high pressure marketing presentation), and I'm also getting almost daily wedding junk mail.  I asked a few questions, did a few Google searches and found out David's Bridal sells your information to marketing companies.  I would not recommend giving them any of your personal information.  I am angry and annoyed by all these calls.   
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_tell-think-davids-bridallol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:89366cfe-a234-4f2f-ae30-a71161bf5900Post:88f712ad-16e4-4b53-9c0f-fdd3eb75f3d5">Re: Tell me what you think about Davids Bridal....lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had an awful experience with them too. The dressing rooms are sooooo small it was hard to try anything on. My mom kept pulling dresses for me to try on and the "consultant" would take credit for it! Ugh. KByte, who did your photography at your wedding? I'm looking for someone with a vintage-type style and your sig pic is lovely! Kim
    Posted by bookgrl924[/QUOTE]
    Thanks! Our photography was by Finest Moments Photography. Our photographers were Mat and Kristin but I do not know if they are available anymore as they were moving out of the area, but the other photographers do great work as well :D <a href="http://www.finestmoments.net/" rel="nofollow">http://www.finestmoments.net/</a>
  • UDangel529UDangel529 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    STAY AWAY! I was in a wedding that didnt make it to the aisle and the dresses were from DB.  The first round they sent to me had teeth marks in the fabric.  The second was starting to fall apart in the store.  Since I had taken the top(it was a mix & match) home while I waiteid for a new skirt I received a store credit instead of my money back.  You get what you pay for here and I do believe you can find your BM dress style somewhere else.  Alfred Angelo...Jasmine B2...and Mora Lee have similar styles to DB.
  • edited December 2011

6/7 of my bridesmaids ordered their dresses from the North Olmsted location and everything was fine.   The only time they were even the least bit rude was when we insisted on a Saturday afternoon appointment, two weeks in advance.  They just "warned" us about coming in then.   I would just try going to another location. I had better service trying on dresses at David's than I did at Catan's.  

When I was in my best friend's wedding, we didn't decide on dresses until the last possible moment and I practically left one Chicago location in tears b/c they were so completely rude.   I went to another location, and the staff was amazing and went above and beyond for me.  Two months later, another friend was getting married- and a fairly large bridal salon in Chicago NEVER even ordered the bridesmaid dresses... and yet a third Chicagoland location David's stayed open late two nights before they were all leaving for a destination wedding, had two seamstresses there, and had the dresses ready the next day.  

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at the DB store in N. Olmsted.  My girls are all getting their dresses there too.  I've never made an appointment to stop in.  I just kinda drop in whenever one of my BMs wants to take a look.  Half of them live out of town so it's hard to plan stuff in advance.  Everytime I go in there the girls are always nice, even when they're swamped.  My consultant always says hi and trys to help even if she's busy.  I love DB and my dress is absolutely fantastic and I got it for cheap.  I will say this....I won't go there for my alterations.  They want too much in my opinion (almost half of what my dress cost just to alter it). So I'm going with a friend of a friend.  Other than that, I <3 David's Bridal.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards