South Asian Weddings
Options

Scamp tried to give me a heart attack today.

I had to take my son’s wheelchair out of the car today so I could fit baby shower gifts (my mom warned me ahead of time that there were some big things). I shut the front door behind me so Scamp wouldn’t get out. I’d left the front passenger car door open to put my purse in and took the chair out of the back hatch. I took it inside and went back out for the ramp, shutting the front door again on my way out. I took the ramp in and then went to say goodbye to Scamp, but I couldn’t find him anywhere. I checked the whole house, the yard, looked up and down the street, didn’t see him. He’s microchipped, so I went to get my phone from my purse in the car to call Home Again and report him missing.

And guess where the little rascal was? Sitting in the back seat with his duck, wagging his tail. He must have sneaked out when I was parking the wheelchair and had my back turned for half a second, and jumped in the car before I got the ramp out.

I took him back in the house, hugged him, and told him never to scare me like that again. I’m just glad he didn’t run to the street. We live on the corner of a busy main road and an equally busy side street, and if he'd gone past car into the road it could have been disastrous.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Scamp tried to give me a heart attack today.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes, that's terrible! I guess he just wanted to go where ever you were going :)

Are you OK to be lifting and moving the chair around so late in your pregnancy? I can't believe your due date is less than 3 weeks away now!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't lift it, I promise. I used the ramp to get it out of the car, and the ramp barely weighs 10 pounds. My uncle built it for me when my midwife told me not to lift anything heavier than 30-35 pounds.

We havea friendwhose mom seems dead-set certain that the baby will arrive on a day with a 4 in it, but she neglected to specify March or April. So we're preparing for her to be born as soon as this Thursday - just in case! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh ok, I was about to yell at you for lifting heavy objects! :)

That's so exciting that it could be as soon as this Thursday if your friend's mom is right. I always am a little skeptical about numerology and astrology (I know, I'm Indian and I am skeptical? haha!) but there is a lot to be said about both! 

I know you'll be super busy once the baby arrives, but I hope you will come back and let us know how you're all doing and share pictures :)
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There'll be updates and pictures as soon as I can find the time/energy to post them. :)

I've always been a little skeptical about astrology and the like too, but C's mom is known for being right about this kind of thing. She told C that I was pregnant and it was a girl the day before we even found out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards