Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Spanx?

Hi Ladies!

I cannot believe our wedding is coming up so soon.  So, now I am working on the details.  Question #1:  To wear or not to wear Spanx?

I wanted to lose some weight before the wedding, but that never happened. :-) Ah .. Life! :-)  So, now I am debating about wearing Spanx underneath my dress just to hold things in together a bit more.  I bought the Spanx tights that pretty much go from underneth the bust to a bit before the knees.  It doesnt seem to uncomfortable or heavy, but after a whole day - I might have different thoughts. :-)

Did any girls wear Spanx and what was your review?  Thanks!

Re: Spanx?

• I did not wear them bc my dress had a built in corset all the way down to my belly button. However, I have heard mixed things from people I know who have worn them. They do the trick, but aren't the most comfortable thing. Both my Mom and MIL tried them on with their dresses for the wedding, and both decided against them. I think my Mom just went with a longline bra, and I don't even know if MIL worried about her tummy after looking for something for so long.
  • I didn't wear them.  I wore a long-line bra which helped hold everything in from my girls to my tummy.
  • I tried them on with my wedding dress and it fit less comfortably with them. I would say if you feel most comfortable without them and your dress fits great, don't wear them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did and they were ok.
    I'd suggest that you wear them for a day now so you know if you're comfortable, also make sure to try them with your dress.
    I didn't try mine with the dress until too late and they sucked in my waist so much that a perfect fitting dress became too loose. And I even had a lace up back.
  • I think you just need to try some on with your dress and decide. My mom bought me a pair and they ended up not looking right beneath my dress.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • I originally intended to wear a long line bra, but due to unexpected weight gain, I ended up getting spanx and nixing a bra all together (my dress has a bit of a built in corset/structured cups). I'd say wear them around a bit and see what you think- it never hurts to have lots of options.
  • I am debating the same thing. I've worn them in the past.  The biggest thing I have found is that they kind of roll down and don't stay up to my bust like I need them too. I might scrap the whole thing and wear nothing under my dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards