Louisiana-New Orleans

rehearsal dinner on the northshore

Anyone have any suggestions about rehearsal dinners on the northshore? I'm familiar with most of the restaurants, but I'm out of state now and can't remember which have banquet rooms. Any advice is helpful!

Re: rehearsal dinner on the northshore

• edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had hers at the Yacht Club on the lakefront, not a restaurant but she really enjoyed it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    what part of the northshore?
  • edited December 2011
    youngs steakhouse. There is one in slidell and madisonville i think. Its delicious!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Palmetto's on the Bayou in Slidell is awesome! I've been to several parties and dinners there. There food is great and the location is too. They have a banquet room that leads out to a deck overlooking the bayou. Its really nice.

Several other restaurants in the Slidell area are:

Young's, Nathan's, Schaeffer's.....not exactly sure what you are looking for but hope this helps.

I know of Friend's Restaurant in Madisonville on the Tchefunte River. It has good food also.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm most interested in Mandeville (I should have been more clear!) but wouldn't mind somewhere in Covington or Madisonville. Lots of great places in Slidell and La Provence in Lacombe, but hoping to stay near our church! Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Calypso Patio Bar & Grill has a beautiful courtyard setting or an indoor option with no enclosure.    We're using them in October!
  • edited December 2011
    The Lake House in Mandeville is great, right across of the lake.  You can hold the whole second floor, they have casual seating as well as tables perfect for a Rehearsal dinner.  The food is good too.  
  • McShan2011McShan2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dakota.  Without a doubt.  Best food, atmosphere & overall experience.  
  • edited December 2011
    We got engaged at Calypso. If we were getting married on the Northshore, it would be our choice for a rehearsal dinner. It's one of our favorite places to go and the food and atmosphere are fabulous.

If you want to keep it in Mandeville, check with The Barley Oak. It's really a bar, but they do have a menu. We love the atmosphere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards