South Asian Weddings

hello!! newly engaged..would love to hear ideas on venues, vendors etc..

hi ladies!!

i recently got engaged and just started the planning process. are there any brides out there that had/are going to have an indian ceremony in the hudson valley area, i am considering anthony's pier 9 in new windsor, ny and would love your ideas and experience with having an indian wedding there!

i was also wondering if you guys could share your experience with and recommended vendors that you used  in your weddings -

DJ
Event planner/Mandap decorators
Priest
Photography
Videography
Hair stylist
Mehendi
Make -up artist
Airlines that may offer discounts to our out of state guests
Hotel Recommendations in the area

So excited and look forward to your suggestions!!

Merry Christmas and hope you're all having a great holiday season!

Re: hello!! newly engaged..would love to hear ideas on venues, vendors etc..

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the boards!

I am not sure if there are any ladies on the board who planned a wedding in your area, but I think you could still hire some NJ vendors since you're not too far away.

My husband and I got married a little over a month ago and we really were happy with all of our vendors. Here's a run down of who we used, let me know if you have any questions:

DJ - The Dhol Xperience. They're based out of Long Island (I think) but they do travel.

Mandap/Decorators - Event Decorators based out of Fairfield NJ. Very laid back, but worked with us and made sure our day really was a reflection of what we wanted. Traditional but low key and nothing over the top.

Priest - Vimesh Thakar. He does a great job and I highly recommend him. He's pretty popular and books up fast.

Photography - Best Photog / Sandeep Ingale. Sandeep is awesome! He is beyond patient and really gets into the photography. We had our engagement photos taken in NYC and on the wedding day he was with us for 12+ hours for a flat rate.

Make-up artist - I used Marissa Pascone who came recommended by Sandeep, our photographer and she was amazing. She's a total sweetheart and a pleasure to work with.

I used my own hair stylist from the salon I normally go to, so I don't think that will help you. We didn't have a videographer either, but there are other girls on the boards who did have one and am sure they can recommend theirs.

Hope that helps a bit! Enjoy the planning!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • shoodleshoodle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls!! 
    Thanks so much for the congrats and for all the input!! Will look into those! Looking forward to planning  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards