Alabama

Venue suggestions - Birmingham area

I'm trying to find a venue that is economical AND meets at least most of our expectations.  My fiance wants a place close to accomodations so that guests won't have to drive if they've had too much to drink. BUT we don't want to be downtown - all too expensive. We both want to be outdoors, but seems like having access to indoors would be good too b/c we're getting married mid-May and have relatives who are not usd to AL heat.  I've found a few ideas, but nothing seems to be within walking distance of hotels.  He's thinking of having the reception in Sylacauga or somewhere like that, but I'm not interested in trecking that far from our ceremony location unless we move the whole shebang.

Any ideas?

Re: Venue suggestions - Birmingham area

• edited December 2011
    You'd probably come out about the same price if you got a good venue a little distance from hotels and hired a shuttle to transport guests.  Are there any nice hotels outside of the downtown area with reception venues nearby?
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011

I agree with Sessions.  Hiring a shuttle is a great idea.  I had a wedding in April that we did this for...and it really worked out VERY well.  To cut down on expenses she actually just rented a 15 passenger van.  Then I hired an former Ross Bridge driver that works with me occassionally to drive the guests.  To do this, I would pick a location with hotels near by, but they don't have to be walking distance.

Also, where is your ceremony location?  We might can think of a better reception venue if we know where your ceremony is located.

• edited December 2011
    Check out Farm Links Golf Course and The Cate's House

~Brendon Pinola
  • baneskbanesk member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone used gabrella manor? I love it but need feedback!! Expensive?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards