Texas-Houston
Options

Vendor Review

For anyone interested, here's my review of my vendors.

First, I can't say enough good things about my wedding coordinator, Natalie Laskowski, of Belle of the Ball.  She was fantastic. I had several people comment to me what a great job they thought she did. Plus, she's super sweet!

I had my ceremony at Memorial Drive United Methodist. Beautiful church, sweet wedding planning ladies...but they didn't mention until just as I was about to leave for the reception that I had to give $200 to the minister.  I'd bought her an expensive thank you gift since I didn't know I had to give the $200. Not to mention, I didn't have it. It was lucky my dad carries cash!  That's the last thing you want to worry about when you've just gotten married!

My reception was at La Colombe d'Or. Beautiful place, great food! They were very accomodating about letting us host a bridesmaid breakfast before we all got ready there and did a beautiful job setting up the table for us.

DJ: DJ L-Boogie with Gulf Coast Entertainment...kept everyone dancing!  We'd recommend him.

Florist: Wedding Flowers by Lisa. She did an amazing job. She was kind of expensive but worth every penny.  The arrangments were bigger and prettier than I even realized they would be. Plus, she takes you to the flower market close to your wedding date to show you the flowers she's thinking of, which no other florists offered to do.

Photographer: Zasey Photography. The pictures I got are really nice...she did a good job. There are a couple I especially love. But...she didn't get all the ones on my must-take photo list which was too bad. Also, since she doesn't work with an assistant, she missed some that I wish we had simply because she can't be everywhere. I knew that going in though.  Also, the low-resoluation CD of all the images is so low-res that I can't even use it in a digital frame or on facebook...so it's pretty pointless which is frustrating since I'm obviously not going to order all of them but would've liked to have a viewable copy.... I loved my bridal portraits and have certainly ordered and framed some of the wedding ones.

Hair and makeup: Your Beautiful Face. Leah is so sweet and really cares about what you want. My makeup looked natural but great and all my bridesmaids were happy too.

Limo: We used AFC Transportation to pick up my parents, per Natalie's recommendation. I guess Natalie has had good experiences with them but this driver was TERRIBLE. My parents/grandparents arrived all flustered and annoyed.  Apparently, he not only didn't know where he was going but he was a scary driver too!

Re: Vendor Review

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

I am also having my ceremony at Memorial Drive United Methodist Church.So far I'm having a great experience with them. Hope the rest of your ceremony was beautiful.  I'm sorry you went through the confusion of not being fully informed about the $200 for the minister but I just want other ladies to know it might just have been an unfortunate case. My wedding is about 10 months away and I have been informed since I inquired about the church that $200 is due the day of the wedding to the minister.

D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards