Pennsylvania-Central

Lancaster, PA venue <$1000 that allows outside food and alcohol

I'm getting married in Lancaster, PA. The tentative date is for sometime spring 2012. We're hoping to find a place with all of the following critera:

• Inside and outside facilities - would like to have the ceremony outside if possible, but would want to eat inside.
  • Will allow us to bring our own food (we don't plan on hiring caterers, friends will serve food)
  • Will allow us to bring our own beer and/or wine (we don't plan on hiring a bartender, it will be self-serve)
  • Has a *low* rental fee, preferably less than $1000, especially since we'll probalby have to rent tables, chairs, etc.

Basically, we need a venue that will let us use their space for an affordable price but will be completely hands off and let us do our own thing.

Re: Lancaster, PA venue <$1000 that allows outside food and alcohol

• cmng2703cmng2703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how big of a wedding you are having, but if you are having a smaller wedding I would definitely look into Perfect Settings in Columbia. It has almost all of the stuff that you are looking for-and the rental fee is great! Daisy (the owner) is AMAZING to work with and is so helpful! If you would like any other information just let me know. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed with Perfect Settings!  Also maybe Cameron Estate Inn but I'm not sure of their rates?
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a park in Willow Street that you can rent a dining hall out. I am not sure what the name of it is. Google it. I went to a wedding there. It was a big open room with bathroom facilities, a small kitchen, and a patio outside. It's in the woods of the park so its out of the way of people that are their for the park.
    I would say it's for less than 100 people and 100 might be pushing it.

I would also look at Pleasant Run Farm in Lancaster. I know you can bring your own food and alcohol. I am not quite sure of the rental fee but the place is really nice.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Oh I forgot about them!  Yes Pheasant Run is stellar.  Lots of great photo ops and the location was very accomodating!
  • edited December 2011
    i'm getting married at pheasent run its 2100 and the owners are really nice:)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_lancaster-pa-venue-1000-allows-outside-food-alcohol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:fb1571bd-c4f2-49a8-9f6f-5e80e4b42e15Post:8f22e2e3-b925-4a8e-b271-ccee512e646b">Re: Lancaster, PA venue <$1000 that allows outside food and alcohol</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a park in Willow Street that you can rent a dining hall out. I am not sure what the name of it is. Google it. I went to a wedding there. It was a big open room with bathroom facilities, a small kitchen, and a patio outside. It's in the woods of the park so its out of the way of people that are their for the park. I would say it's for less than 100 people and 100 might be pushing it. I would also look at Pleasant Run Farm in Lancaster. I know you can bring your own food and alcohol. I am not quite sure of the rental fee but the place is really nice.
    Posted by slpankuch[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to find the first place you mentioned because I've been there and cannot remember the name!  If you think of it will you let me know?  Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree!  Check out Perfect Settings in Columbia PA.  Their place is absolutely beautiful and the owners are so friendly and accommodating!  The tables and chairs are part of their package so no extra cost for rent there!!  If you were setting a small amount aside for those rentals, i would definitely look into putting that money into one of their packages.  They're VERY affordable and im pretty sure most (if not all) of their packages already include tables, chairs, linens, china, silverware.....  We also got a free hour for pre-event set up which seems to come standard with them :)  The space is BYOB so no problem there but there does need to be a bartender on staff to serve for you because of legal reasons (I used to be in the hotel industry and know that people can get sued for not having a bartender so that wasn't a big deal for me).  Any venue in the area will tell you that there legally has to be a bartender present though, that is unless you want to settle for a firehall wedding.... Im working on a VERY low budget but i would definitely look into talking to the owner about details.  I never thought i would be able to afford all the bells and whistles for my wedding but Daisy even found me a caterer that i could afford so i didn't have to bother friends and family!  That way they didn't have to miss out on anything and just let them be part of my day and enjoy themselves.  Now I get to enjoy knowing that they dont have to rush or stress about anything especially a late night clean up!

The place is beautiful and its so helpful to be working with someone that has all of the right connections to make all of my dreams come true and stay within my budget!!

There isnt an outside ceremony location on site but there are at least 3 fantastic areas (and i think they're public access and free :)  ) that are literally within walking distance!  I hope this helps!!
  • edited December 2011
    landis valley museum.... its `~2000  for the barn and the fire museum is much much cheaper, outside vendors/byob alcohol, ample parking basically have to plan around the open/close times though beautiful picture areas!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • centralbridecentralbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Rockford Plantation...I dont know the price but its worth calling, its a beautiful place and I think it will fit your needs
  • rm1259rm1259 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my wedding reception is also at Landis Valley Museum and i'm SO excited about it:) if you're looking to pay less than 1,000, i'm using one of their big open fields and having an outdoor tent reception. the cost for the space was $850. obviously the tent is a whole seperate thing though
  • edited December 2011
    Again... i'm biased.  Eicher Arts Center you get Fri, Sat and Sun so you can take all the time you need with set up and breakdown.  They provide tables and chairs.  You can any combo of indoor/ outdoor you want.  There is AC indoors.  Beatiful landscape and river outside.  Its exactly  $1000 they also provide flatware and plates.  I checked out Phesant Run and their prices have jumped up and they jump up every year by about $300 it seems they are over 2K now.  LOCK IN YOUR PRICES ASAP no matter where you go.

I have heard great things about perfect settings.  Also you can have a ceremony at litittz springs park but I'm not sure about reception.  It's a very beautiful spot.

I have seen brides do Chickies Rock too which is very inexpensive with an amazing view.

I liked the Arts center because it's very shabby chic and historical.  Elegant rather than tacky for the price.  There unfortunatly aren't any good photos online.  Check it out.  Jimmy is the caretaker for the property and is FULL of info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards