Ohio-Toledo
Options

Teeth Whitening

Soo... i bought some teeth whitening strips yesterday (dang they are expensive).  Anyways i went for the cheaper ones rather than the crest whitestrips everyone takls about bc frankly, im spending $40 on teeth whitening strips. I think its ridiculous. So, i bought the lysterine ones (that dissolve).

Hopefully they work a little... Anyone ever used any of the brands of strips? Did they work for you?
Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Teeth Whitening

• Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

You probably don't want to hear this, but I used the Crest Whitestrips and they were AMAZING.  Within 3 days of using them, I could tell a HUGE difference.  I even had other people tell me they could tell my teeth were whiter. They were worth every penny.  I used them in April, and my teeth are still significantly whiter. I plan on doing them again before the wedding.  Highly recommended! :)

Good luck!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just talked to the dentist about this last week while I was there because I was interested.  I was told that white strips are white strips and that the Target brand ones are going to be just as effective as the crest brand.  He said you're paying for the name and the marketing behind it.

He said that the biggest complaint he hears of is that because the strip is flat and your teeth are rounded, many people will notice that the sides of their teeth are not getting whiter because the strip doesn't touch there.  My dentist suggested the gel trays since the solution will actually cover your whole tooth.

Of course I'm not speaking from experience, just what I heard from the dentist.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks you guys!

RAK123- your funny! thank you! :)
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Crest White Strips work really well.  I tried an off brand once and I had a hard time making it stick to my teeth plus it seems like most of them make you keep them on longer or use twice a day, which I do not like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crest 3D White Strips are the best - I highly recommend them. I would  suggest using them every-other-day instead of everyday if you have sensitive teeth (or notice that your teeth are sensitive after a few days). They stick really well and I actually like the fact that theyre not in a tray that fit awkwardly in your mouth - I usually just wear them when I'm taking a shower in the morning.

Crest also has a line of other 3D White products that help promote teeth whitening - I use the paste and rinse as well and realy like them. If you have a power toothbrush (or even just the 3D White-Pulsar one) that helps even more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just started using Crest.  Look in the Sunday paper for coupons, we were able to use a $10 off coupon on one of them and $5 off on the other and that one was on sale at Meijer.

FI tried an off brand before engagement pics and they made a little difference, but it wasn't as dramatic as the Crest strips.  I used Crest strips last summer for a wedding I was in and my teeth were pretty white months later.

I would suggest if you are going with an off brand just check the active ingredients (if those are even on the box).
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards