July 2013 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon....

Whenever I think about planning our honeymoon I start to hyperventilate, to me this is going to be the most overwhelming part to plan ( I've never left main land USA) compared to the rest of the wedding. Does anybody else feel the same way?

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!

Re: Honeymoon....

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I'm STOKED to plan our honeymoon. There's a major problem though - we just can't narrow down where we want to go...

I can see how it would be intimidating if you haven't really done much travelling though. I'd recommend going through a travel agent - it should take some of the stress off. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    I've been across the ocean several times, I LOVE packing and planning. Heck when we were planning our cruise back in December, I was packed in June ..no lie! Lol. We're going to Riviera Maya and I cant tell you how many times I've stalked expedia tocheck how far out flights are yet haha.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That part stresses me out too! I think we're going to end up staying at an all inclusive resort type place.  It's easier!
  • Options
    I am excited to plan our honeymoon, but I see where you're coming from. I think there's a ton of pressure to make sure that it's perfect and romantic ( at least I feel that way). I agree with using a travel agent. We went to Riviera Maya 1.5 years ago and booked with Apple Vacations, they require the use of an agent and she made things really easy! I would also suggest using Apple Vacations, they have GREAT deals and help out if you have any issues on your trip because there are reps located at your destination. 
  • Options
    My FSIL also suggested using Apple Vacations she too went to Riviera Maya but for her HM. When would be the best time to start active planning like booking flights etc. ?
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Honeymoon....:[QUOTE]My FSIL also suggested using Apple Vacations she too went to Riviera Mayanbsp;but for her HM. When would be the best time to start active planning like booking flights etc. ? Posted by trent13[/QUOTE]

Flights are out about a year..I only know this because I've been stalking every flight website for months lol. Our TA told us September but I know we can book well before then.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:88563da7-3991-4669-b490-92b3aafeb62fPost:bf217a73-2a36-455f-8431-ef0e97fe1c80">Re:Honeymoon....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Honeymoon....: Flights are out about a year..I only know this because I've been stalking every flight website for months lol. Our TA told us September but I know we can book well before then.
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

I've been talking today with apple vacations and the TA said the same thing wait until after the one year mark and then book flights as soon as you can. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) but if you purchase the HM insurance wont they give you money back if the flight rates drop?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm stoked AND overwhelmed at the idea!! We've been perusing so many all-inclusive resorts, mostly through Sandals, but can't narrow down a location. Also, we don't want the cut and paste honeymoon experience where you're surrounded by other tourists and you don't get the vibe of the actual location you're in... like, reading reviews for one of the Sandals' resorts in Jamaica, it actually said "it was so perfect...but be careful if you leave the resort... the locals will try to rob you!" wtf?! We're leaning toward the USVI's, but after reading this thread I'm going to check out booking through an agent, AND the Riviera Maya...assuming that's in Mexico? ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Honeymoon....:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Honeymoon....:In Response to Re:Honeymoon....: Flights are out about a year..I only know this because I've been stalking every flight website for months lol. Our TA told us September but I know we can book well before then.Posted by Getting2VowelsI've been talking today with apple vacations and the TA said the same thing wait until after the one year mark and then book flights as soon as you can. I think correct me if I'm wrong but if you purchase the HM insurance wont they give you money back if the flight rates drop? Posted by trent13[/QUOTE]

This I'm not sure of. Though I would think refunds should be standard if they drop.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Honeymoon....:[QUOTE]after reading this thread I'm going to check out booking through an agent, AND the Riviera Maya...assuming that's in Mexico? ; Posted by missquela[/QUOTE]

Yes, right near Cancun.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yes! I have been stressing out about this as we are debating if we should take a gifted honeymoon or go someone like Hawaii. The gifted place is not getting good reviews on the web, but i just found out we can transfer to a different resort. We will see. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    We are soooo excited about our honeymoon! The past couple of years we've been to Jamaica and PuntaCana and we've lovedddd it! We definitely want an all-inclusive resort and are thinking of spoiling ourselves for our honeymoon! We too have been looking into a Sandals resort, they have ridiculous round-huts with butler service and their own pools! We're looking into Antigua!

I was nervous the first time traveling overseas....on the way heading back home I was one of the random flight passengers who had to get pulled into a room and frisked/carry-on checked through completely....it scared the crap out of me! But other than that, it was totally fine! They also have you fill out slips of paper for you to fill out, mostly in case you bought goods and plan on selling them (i think??)....my FH and I messed up like 5 times and had to redo it because they are apparently strict and don't accept mistakes on it....

Ahhh, can't wait to go away to another tropical beach!!
  • Options
    We haven't decided where we want to go.  Part of me wants to make FI plan it, bu then part of me flashes back to our FL vacation where he shot down some of my ideas and we ended up not being able to do some stuff that we wanted to do and our rental car took forever to get and was way more expensive ;)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards