New York-New York City

Restaurant for reception 150 to 175 on budget?

Man and I are planning a fall wedding and have been set aghast at prices loft spaces, caterers and even some restaurants are asking per person.

We love the idea of having a big fun party, but it seems like it might not be in our budget... We want a sit down dinner on Saturday night -- Help! (I realize we could cut cost by making it an afternoon or other night event, but we'd like to keep Saturday.)

Does anyone know of a restaurant in Manhattan, Astoria, Long Island City or west Brooklyn that can handle 150 to 175 people for a reception with space for a band and dance floor?!?! We're looking to spend $60 to $100 per person on food + drink. We're not interested in a "conventional" catering hall style event.

Re: Restaurant for reception 150 to 175 on budget?

• lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe try Thalassa.  They have great food (one of our favorites!) and it's reasonably priced.  The restaurant itself is small but I think they may have a room upstairs for private parties.  

HTH!!
    Lucy
  • kklumper1kklumper1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rebar can definately fit in the budget - I believe it was $80 per head

My Moon would be close at $125 per head

Ca Va - we never folloed up with but should be reasonable.

Etcetera etcetera in hells kitchen is reasonable

Providence in hells kitchen

All of these venues should be able to accomodate your number no problem. :) I was in a similar situation and it was really stressful. We ended up going with My Moon and it is so great!

k

• edited December 2011
    Thanks all! My Moon tells me they're tight at 150. I'll look into the others.
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if you're willing to go to the Bronx, but Tosca Marquee should be within your price range.  

toscamarquee.com/
  • kramoneskramones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sbello -

What did you end up going with?  I just started looking for a Winter or Fall 2012 wedding and basically have the same requirements as you!!
  • mint8burstmint8burst member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too! Any suggestions welcome :)
  • edited December 2011
    Wanted to bump this back up to the top as I am looking for the same thing too :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards