Missouri-Kansas City
Options

i've been horrible distracted lately

I have been moving.  I had wedding things to do, but since i'm living in two different places its hard to do.  Last night i had to go repaint the walls.  The night before was cleaning.  Hopefully things will shape up in like a week.

So what are you up to?  Whats distracting you?

Re: i've been horrible distracted lately

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is unemployed and looking for a job and I'm helping..which takes up my time and takes away from wedding planning. I have a long time left before the wedding, but I feel like I should be working more on the wedding than I have been able to lately.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just moved too and I am still not settled into the house yet.  Also, school starts up again in a few weeks and I am super stressed about it. 
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My parents are coming to town in 2 weeks and we've been out of town every weekend this month except for last weekend.   I CAN NOT wait for July to end so I can actually stay home on weekends.  I really do have a lot of wedding stuff to get done it is just so hard to get it all done during the week after work.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI just finished taking the bar so we have both been spending some much needed quality time together. It is nice because we will both be starting to work full time within the next two weeks.

He is a homebody and I am a person who likes to be out and about doing things and he has been trying to accommodate me as much as possible since he had to spend so much time studying these last couple months. He is being so sweet. Our trip for today is to go to the gourmet treat shop for dogs either at Rivermarket or on the Plaza.  Tomorrow we have a wedding and Sunday a housewarming party for a friend. It will be a busy weekend!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had at least 5 wedding related activities to complete everyday, so I guess I haven't really had time to get distracted! If anything has distracted me though, it's work. How do they expect me to keep working 40 hours a week this close to the wedding! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My flower girl has been in town for bonding time (she's super shy).  Yesterday my family took her mini golfing and then to Crown Center.  Today we're going to the Zoo.  Then we'll be coming home to clean and grocery shop because we're having both sets of parents over to our house to celebrate their anniversaries (FI's parents 34 years as of today, my parents 35 years as of Monday).  So not much wedding stuff this weekend. 
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The home we are buying got broken into and they stole all the brand new stainless steel appliances!  We don't have to pay for it, but it's just another thing to worry about!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How horrible about your break-in!!! That is more stress than anyone needs!!
    I Have to kick it into gear (3 weeks from today!) with wedding stuff. My dad was in the hospital for a few weeks and just got out last week and I'm trying to pack up my things to prepare for moving overseas immediately after the wedding. I find that I am down to the smaller details that I don't care a whole lot about but that still need to get done for the wedding!! My fiance' is not coming back until 3 days before the wedding (he's already overseas) so I'm running around like crazy! But, not too stressed...yet:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're trying to get our house on the market, and while I'm FINALLY on a much needed break from summer classes, i'm just so burnt out from working, school, and working on the house to try to get it ready to sell... that all I want to do is sit on my butt and do nothing. At least I have sometime so it's not a big deal... I was just hoping to do a lot of my wedding planning now before fall classes got going again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards