Hawaii

July Maui Wedding

Hi all!

Just found these forums and I'm addicted!!! Can I ask those of you who have done this before for your advice on a few aspects...

First, we have sorted our planner Rita at a Maui Beach Wedding. The photographer is Greg Hoxie from the same... Any feedback on these?

We are thinking a sunset wedding at Mokapu Beach...

Has anyone stayed at Makena Beach and Golf resort?

Also, we are struggling with reception restaurants... We have narrowed it down to Gannons, Capishe or Nicks Fish Restaurant. I think our Favourite is looking like Gannons. We are looking for food with a Hawaiian feel as well as intimate there will be between 1020 people. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks all in advance! Loving reading about all you plans!!! Xoxo

Re: July Maui Wedding

• Welcome and Congratulations! Yes this site is addicting and the HI brides, I should say, are the Best! 
    We were just married at Po'olenalena, "Chang's", beach in Oct. and had a brunch reception at Gannon's. 
    Gannon's was amazing. I am not sure about a Hawaiian feel to the food but the food was amazing and our guests are still mentioning it.  Having a brunch most of the food was American flare but we did order pineapple fruit bowls for each guest and that was a big hit.  We had 9 guests and they never made us feel like we were any less important than the larger wedding parties that they had scheduled for later that day. The area that they placed us was seculded and intimate. 
    We didn't stay at Makena Beach and Golf resort but went and checked them out during a day trip. Very nice. Not sure on the costs but we would stay there if we found a deal. 
    Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • osayyesoosayyeso member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Cool
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit Hawaii.weddings.com 

Wedding Countdown Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards