Indiana-Indianapolis

Premarital Counseling

Hi ladies! 
I'm new to this board... well, I guess all the boards :)  Just got engaged this past weekend!  Getting started on planning now and having a blast! 

My fiance and I are beginning to set things up with our church now.  In addition to a building use fee, minister fee (donation), and required coordinator fee, our church requires 8-10 premarital counseling sessions with a pastor.  Each session costs $40-60, depending on your income.  

Just curious - is this all pretty standard?  I don't know what to expect!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Premarital Counseling

• indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, we only had to meet twice. We had it at my church and he wanted to meet with us the first time to get to know my groom a little bit and the second time after we did the questionaire that was on line. Fortunately we were not charged for those. I think his fee and the use of the church and reception area was $150 total. You might look for ministers that are officiants and will marry people without any counseling.

• ankjohnsankjohns member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know of a good premarital counselor that is not affiliated with a church?
  • edited December 2011
    The Christian Theological Seminary west of Butler's campus has a program. Here is a link to their site: http://www.cts.edu/counseling-center/starting-strong. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards