Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

A Wiki to Organize our Info

Hi, ladies-

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty and created a wiki for us.

http://pghknotties.wikispot.org/Front_Page

The intention of this is to have a central location of which vendor we've selected to help each other out. This would eliminate the "does anyone know about XZY Catering?" posts that we see often. There is a tab for the big categories like ceremony, reception, bridal salon, etc. Under that, we can just keep a list of our vendor and username. This way, we can directly PM a bride and ask her.

Just thought it would be helpful. For those that are unfamiliar with wikis, the glory is that anyone can add and edit things. No need for a manager of the list.

I quickly set this up tonight, let me know if anything is glaringly wrong. There are few rules that I listed that should help us keep it organized and tidy.

I hope this helps! Everything is voluntary, don't feel obligated!

Re: A Wiki to Organize our Info

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea.  I added my information.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is pretty cool, I added some of my stuff too!  Maybe there should be somewhere to list what the titles of the tabs are, since there's no way to see all of them.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great idea, Ash. Done and done. :-)

As more tabs are added, the creator of the new tab can just follow my lead and add them to the list on the "Front Page".
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea!! I added my info too! -- also, just a thought, Perhaps we should put a location (city, address perhaps) of where our vendors are located? A lot of qu's on here have been "do you know xyz located in xyz"

We can also add 'dollar' amounts however we decide to do so to tie into the previous post... I'll start a new thread to figure out how we are going to determine this!

Last thing is I think we should add a few more vendor tabs to the wiki (don't know how to do this) like DJ, Band, Ceremony Musicians, Invites/paper goods, transportation, catering company... and there are probably more I cant think of right now too.

This was such a good idea! Thanks for starting this!! :)
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, jlbaxter - maybe you add this to the sticky post so new knotties can easily find the new wiki??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely I can. I'm a little concerned with having so many sticky's, but perhaps I'll just modify the review sticky and try to make it more eye catching.

This is so fantastic! Thank you all for your work in organizing the Pittsburgh knotties!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

GMC--I added DJ on there, but also added step by step directions so that anyone can create a new category.

Regarding location for venues, I'm certainly ok with this practice. I listed the city on mine to get the ball rolling.

Glad you guys liked the idea :-)

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    J - oh yeah! I agree w. the sticky comment - I think you should maybe just modify the other sticky to also add the wiki link? I think too many individual sticky's will be confusing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I added my info. I'll work on a sticky page later today.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole-- I just added a link for Officiant on the list on the Front Page, you'll just have to add the tab!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Officiant tab added :-)
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  I added my info.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards