New Hampshire
Options

Castle in the Clouds?

I am from outside of Boston but I'm looking into planning a wedding in NH.  Has anyone been to a wedding at Castle in the Clouds?

I would only be having the reception there.  How is the food?  Is there more than one wedding at a time?  Was it bothersome to anyone that the general public is also allowed on the estate at the time of the wedding?

Has anyone used an outside caterer besides theirs?  Did that save money at all?

Appreciate any opionions!

Thanks!

Re: Castle in the Clouds?

• Options
    beckles403beckles403 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BIL got married at Castle in the Clouds and is considering legal action against them because of faulty service. It was more with the catering portion than anything. The food was entirely incorrect, it was buffet and they shut people off and there wasn't enough food. They served food that people were allergic to.. the best man's girlfriend had a serious reaction to peanut chicken that was supposed to be sweet and sour chicken. Overall it was a serious mess. The site was beautiful, but was not worth the money when it came down to the service. The servers didn't know what they were serving, etc. There was only one wedding there at the time, but the general public was wandering around looking at the sites, etc.
    For example, he had ordered butternut squash ravioli and when it was put out for serving, there was approximatley 1lb butternut squash ravioli and 8lbs of ziti. When questioned, they said it was so "the ravioli wouldn't stick". Uhm.. it's all pasta.. it will all stick equally. He paid a pretty penny for that ravioli and ended up getting ziti. They did it to cut cost and increase profit. We left the wedding after being refused food because there was none left.
    ~Rebecca~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went there for a showing and the woman didn't even show up or call. Very unprofessional
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I crashed a wedding there on our first out of state date.  Someone has some pictures of us sneaking up to the Castle after hours.  We had no idea there was even a wedding.  Embarassed
  • Options
    TheSlowskysTheSlowskys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beckles - was the caterer Hart's Turkey Farm?  This is their exclusive caterer, but as I understand they haven't been with them that long.

It looks like a beautiful venue, but your responses are pretty concerning.
  • Options
    beckles403beckles403 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was not Hart's Turkey Farm. I can get you the name .. he got married in sept 2009.  It is a gorgeous venue but there are other ones just as nice that have quality customer service.
    ~Rebecca~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to have my wedding there but 1. I called the Hurts catering who you have to use and they said they would get back to me with a qupte.  and I never heard from them, I called again and told me the same thing, happened 3 times. I gave up after. 2. The Castle staff was also very unhelpful and was not really willing to do what I wanted and it wasnt hard. 3. I didnt like that random people could walk into the wedding. 4. I couldnt imagain having my cake directly infront of the bar and having people in the corner and such a tiny dance floor. The cocktail area is amazing and so is the view and trollys but, I honselty couldnt see myself wasting money on a place that wasnt going to give me what I wanted or my full attenetion. But those where my opinions I decide on Searles Castle at Windham its about 1.5 hours south in NH. Havent had my wedding yet but they seemed much more organized and everything but the trollys. Good luck. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards