North Carolina-Outer Banks

Burlap favor bags....

We are having a vintage, shabby chic type wedding. The runners on the table will be burlap and paper with vases of flowers and candles. I love the small burlap bags that I have seen for favor bags but am at a loss as to what to put in them. Reese Witherspoon actually used them at her wedding recently and put warm scones and jars of honey inside. I love that! I am still trying to decide what to put in ours though. We had thought of making glazed pecans but that just seemed so simple. I want it to really reflect us as a couple and give something to our guests that they will truly enjoy. We are getting married at the Outer Banks on the sound side house but have steered away from anything "beachy" in our wedding.....weird, I know! Any ideas from you all would be great!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Burlap favor bags....

• lindsy310lindsy310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the idea of using something that you and your fiance make together is a great idea. I dont know if these ideas will go along with the feel/theme of your wedding but I have seen trail mix or mixed nuts used before, also candied walnuts are delicious and pretty easy to make (you could even mix them with the glazed pecans you mentiond). Something else I have seen used is flower bulbs, they are rustic but bloom into beautiful flowers when your guests plant them at home.

good luck!
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP....anything edible for your favors goes a long way!  You could also take it one step further and drizzle chocolate across the top of the pecans when finished.

Ohhhh...I like the flower bulb idea too!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I love both ideas! We will probably go with the glazed pecans. They are easy, yummy, and a personal touch. We were seriously thinking about the bulbs but I had visions of all my non gardening friends with our bulbs rotting in their garage!

Thanks for your help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards