Georgia-Savannah

Wedding Venue Advice

Hi all!  

I have read through some of the past posts, but I haven't seen anything on the Mansion on Forsyth Park or the Hilton Savannah DeSoto.  I am also interested in the Marshall House, but I will approach it with caution!  LOL!  

Any information that you ladies could lend would be greatly appreciated!  We are planning a scouting trip in the middle of June so I would like to know some more info before we go.  

Thanks,
Kathy

Re: Wedding Venue Advice

• edited December 2011
    Depending on your budget, the Mansion may be the perfect location, particularly if you want at ceremony at Forsyth fountain.  The venue is lovely and food delicious, but you will pay a lot more here than other venues.  All of their catering menus and policies are available on the website so you can get an idea of cost before you go.  Also, if you are planning a much smaller wedding, they do have a very affordable package for a maximum of 25 (maybe 30) guests that includes the ceremony and a dinner (not a "reception").

Marshall House was great when I dealt with them; I was originally contracted there, but moved to Palmetto Bluff.  Absolutely lovely space and delicious food.
  • pamelasmitherpamelasmither member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I looked at the mansion but it was a little out of my price range. I'm actually having mine at the Hilton Desoto. They have been very helpful and easy to work with so far. I just got done picking my menu and signed the contract- so excited! But I would definitely recommend them. The catering manager’s name is Megan, such a huge help!

• CKandWWCKandWW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have spoken to Megan at the Hilton.  Pamela, what room are you having yours in?

The Mansion is a little more expensive then I was looking for too, but we might do a Saturday afternoon wedding to counteract the cost!

We are going up there in a couple of weeks so thank you for your advice.  
  • pamelasmitherpamelasmither member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the harborview room on the 15th floor. It has the most amazing panoramic views of Savannah and you get the whole floor! Megan is great, very helpful and prompt with responses.
  • edited December 2011
    When is your wedding at The Hilton? I just booked mine there too! March 26, 2011! I am trying to find pictures of past weddings there but am having no luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in Savannah last July ('10). I searched high and low for the best reception venue for the least amount of money. We had 86 adults and 10 children at our wedding and paid 10,000 for a reception at The First City Club.

It sounds like a lot, but that money included EVERYTHING: venue, open bar (with liquor!), 2 entree stations, shrimp and grits martini bar, salad buffet, chef cut tenderloin, passed hor'derves, DJ, flower arrangements on the piano and bar, table linens, wedding coordinator, and full staff the day of.

Any ladies getting married, I would definately reccommend going to the tourist depo in downtown. They will give you a packet of information called "Savannah Weddings." It includes venues, prices, where to get your marriage liscense, etc.

Also, if you're looking for a great hotel location for guests, try Holiday Inn on East Bay street. It is literally across the river and in the middle of everything! Plus, its BRAND new and has a rooftop pool and jacuzzi!

Another venue that is a great option is Vic's On the River. It is a little pricey but HIGH class. It has excellent views of the river and is classically Southern.

NEGOTIATE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards