Just Engaged and Proposals

Addict

So I got engaged right before xmas and I have been ADDICTED to looking at wedding stuff. I need to stop, but I can't. What is this freekin syndrome? Part of the problem is I am a super-planner - I like to have everything planned to the last detail in advance. I really need to focus on school and stop this madness. Any thoughts or ideas to keep myself from going on Offbeat Bride or the Knot all the time?!

Re: Addict

• Good luck with that.  I start using TK in order to keep from talking to friends non stop about my wedding because I hated when they all got wedding brain.  By the time I got married I had a whole group of on line friends here.

I used TK as a reward for myself while studying for the bar exam.  If I answered a sufficient number of questions correctly, I allowed myself 10 - 15 minutes.  You may want to check out the students board under the special topic wedding boards.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • I also am a big fan of TK. It lets me get my wedding fix without overwhelming my friends and family with wedding talk.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_addict?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:f13934ef-c66e-4214-bc86-febf4a8bd502Post:084c000b-9467-42ed-a85e-80ae38ed5695">Re: Addict</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also am a big fan of TK. It lets me get my wedding fix without overwhelming my friends and family with wedding talk.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly!</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • <---agrees with achiduck.   I can geek out on wedding stuff without driving everyone around me nuts.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Me too!
    My wedding is not until 4/6/2013 and no one wants to hear about it. On the Knot I can plan, join others doing the same thing and not bug my family. I feel I need to plan everything and not feel rushed the last coupe of months before the wedding. 
  • Haha, good luck. I'm super addicted, also. If you find a solution, let me know.
  • HAHA! You sound like me!! I started looking into wedding stuff before I was even engaged!! The first three months after we got engaged I got everything almost booked and planned out. I'm also the type that has to have everything planned in advance and the fact that I get impatient doesn't help either. Honestly just enjoy it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards