Outdoor Weddings

Rain Worries/Battle

I want to have our reception in his back yard. We have parking planned out in the grass and will do a small valet service for older guests. We would rent a tent and it would be on grass. My mom is so worried that ppl will be mad or not show up if it its raining and they have to walk to the tent or park in the grass when its wet. Im not sure how to fight this battle.....Any ideas??
JAMIE LYNN ** 6-4-11

Re: Rain Worries/Battle

• I think putting a tarp over the grass is an ok idea....but 3 days at most would be ok I would think....next thing you will end up KILLING the grass! :/

Our tent company put the tent up on a Wednesday(most companies in the area put them up Thurs. or Friday), which gave us extra time to decorate and to keep the area dry.

Definitely have a "plan B".  And remember to think positive!
  • I have been to many weddings like this and am planning one myself!  It's actually more normal in FI's family but everyone always shows up - even if it is raining.  As long as you make it clear on the invitations (tented reception on the lawn at xxx address to follow) then guests should know to dress appropriately - rain or shine. 
  • if you have no backp tell your mother rain in some countries is said to be good luck on your wedding day. it washes everything clean and will bless you and your husband's future together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards