Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

When to expect the pictures

Its been almost 8 weeks since our wedding and we have yet to see a single picture from out photographers.. I was just wondering what other ladies have experienced in wait time and if this is the norm
thanks

Re: When to expect the pictures

• photogbride12photogbride12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say standard time in the industry is anywhere from 6-10 weeks, but you also have to factor in the fact that it's the holiday season and photographers take time off to be with their families for Thanksgiving and Christmas so that might be contributing to the delay. 8 weeks is not at all out of the ordinary for a full time photographer - we put 40-60 hours of work into every wedding AFTER we've shot so it just takes time. What does your contract say about delivery time?
  • atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What does it say in your contract? If you hired a professional this most definitely should be spelled out in your contract. Also, this varies a lot from photographer to photographer... anywhere from two weeks to six months is pretty normal. 
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographers told us it may be as long as 6-8 weeks, but they said it probably wouldn't take that long because my wedding is early in the wedding season. Hopefully, they are right- there's nothing worse than waiting and waiting while being so excited to see the pictures. I would think that now is a perfectly acceptable time to "check in" on the pictures. Just ask how it's going and when you might be able to expect to see the pictures.
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Generally the turn around time is discussed at the consultation and even included in the contract. If you didn't have that conversation with your photographer or simply don't remember there's no harm in asking when you can expect to receive your photographs back. Mine were completed a month after the wedding. I know some photographers who take up to 6 months although I don't think that's the norm. I would guess the average in our market here in SD is about 5-6 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards