Gothic Weddings

my reception site! (hopefully)

I just set up time to go and look in two weeks!! I can so picture a masquerade theme here! It is a 200 year old barn that has completely been restored.  They are currently working on an outside area that will be available and finshed by next year so fingers crossed that I will have my ceremony locale as well!

Since it just opened this April, it will be a unique experience for everyone! Oh and the person I talked to loved my theme and said that thumbtacking tulle to the beams and such would not be a problem. We agree that nothing that would cause any damage will be done and any hangings will be light. oh happy day!

Re: my reception site! (hopefully)

• That's just beautiful! I love the beams!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • That looks gorgeous! that would be such a great venue and it doesn't need that much decor to look amazing!
  • urgh! It looks like nothing is really included. Thankfully, the woman showing me the place is a part time wedding planner so i can hire her to help get the stuff I need.  I'm on a strict budget and I'm not so sure if I can afford to do that or not.  Thank god my hubby has a degree in culinary arts so his 15 years of experience is definetly needed!

Reality had to bonk me on the head at some point! Will get you guys posted on this with pics I will be taking :)
  • I've been bonked by reality wayyyy too many times in this wedding process. Am attempting to get my guest list under 30 including plus ones. Arg! Good luck!
    AphroditeJules Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well I just had the appointment at the site and my FH LOVES it!

They cut us a deal to keep us within our budget and we are having the ceremony and reception at same locale. Also, they will be allowing us to go in the night before and decorate so...YAY!

The only problems we are trying to figure out is who goes upstairs and who goes downstairs. I think we are leaning towards parties with kids will be upstairs.  That way they have easy access to the "play area" we are setting up there and it has great views of the downstairs.

Bridal expo tomorrow so now we can start looking at caterer's and all that jaz :)  The timing couldn't be more perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards