Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invite help! PIP

Hi everyone!

I did this invitation and RSVP off of a Weddingchicks.com download. I love the design, but I'm concerned about the wording on the invite. Also on the RSVP, nothing is centered and I had to add the number of guests line myself. I had to do it in paint, which is a huge pain! Plus the font and color do not match on the number of guests line. I want to DIY invites, but I'm worried this will be too stressful!

Do these look ok? Or should I abandon the idea and go with buying already made?

Any advice is appreciated!  TIA!!

Re: Invite help! PIP

• Options
    Oh sorry about that! My FI and I are paying for it ourselves. We have 2 young children together and we are wording the invites from them inviting everyone to our wedding. I'm sure I didn't explain that clear enough.....

Cute or Cheesy?

• Options
    I would really not have your children "host" the wedding. I think it leans more towards cheesy/inappropriate. 

I would just stick to wording that doesn't list a host at all in this case:

The honour of your presence is requested at the marriage of...

You shouldn't put PM after the time. Leaving it just at "o'clock" is fine because no one will think to show up at 3am :) but you can also say "three o'clock in the afternoon". Five is also considered afternoon. 

Rather than having to add the extra line on the RSVP, can you make the wording say "number accepting"? Then guests just fill in a number rather than checking a box AND filling in a number. Not sure if weddingchicks lets you add that. 

Also, I'd recommend getting a free trial of Adobe Illustrator or another editing program rather than using paint. 

• Options
    I love love love the design.

I'm hesitant about the "Reserve ____ seats..." line anyway just because I've seen too many cases on these boards where guests take that to mean they can invite additional people.

I would go with "and" between your names, and I personally would say, "Together with their families" rather than making it sound like the kids are hosting and you are not. I wouldn't question an invitation that came in ostensibly hosted by a couple's kids.

• Options
    To be completely honest, the invite to me looks cheesy. I prefer classic, traditional style invites..but thats just me. I second the PP advice, download Illustrator or Photoshop--Paint wont do you ANY good at all. If you really like the design, I'd remove the wording completely and keep the framing of the hearts to start over. Download some new free fonts and center your reworded text and go from there. There are a lot of tutorials for either of these programs online if you run into any issues. Good luck!
  • Options
    It's a template and so I don't think I can change much aside from wording. The fonts were set up that way, and I don't think I can change them. I'm pretty graphically illiterate so some of these programs and stuff is waaaaay over my head! I do appreciate the input and I will prolly use along with their children. I'm just worried this will cause me more stress than it is worth, especially since it is a template and I cant change much. Invitations are just so expensive and I was hoping to be able to do this myself, but now I'm questioning my ability. We were gonna rent tuxes from a place that gives you free invites, with x amount of tuxes, but I'm worried they will be too plain. Is it worth trying to do the graphic stuff myself, or since I have no experience just scrap it and try to find something I like? Oh this is so difficult!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invite-help-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:4d4f63dd-ac5e-4352-a1b7-b65493accfd8Post:936ba7c4-b8ee-473c-b733-450542c7cc62">Re:Invite help! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a template and so I don't think I can change much aside from wording. The fonts were set up that way, and I don't think I can change them. I'm pretty graphically illiterate so some of these programs and stuff is waaaaay over my head! I do appreciate the input and I will prolly use along with their children. I'm just worried this will cause me more stress than it is worth, especially since it is a template and I cant change much. Invitations are just so expensive and I was hoping to be able to do this myself, but now I'm questioning my ability. We were gonna rent tuxes from a place that gives you free invites, with x amount of tuxes, but I'm worried they will be too plain. Is it worth trying to do the graphic stuff myself, or since I have no experience just scrap it and try to find something I like? Oh this is so difficult!!
    Posted by futuremrsball0611[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>What file format did they give you when you downloaded it?

</div>
  • Options
    mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    That file could easily be manipulated in either Illustrator or Photoshop. After downloading one of those programs (I'd recommend Photoshop for beginners), erase anything in the text area and re-type all of it using your own fonts and colors. There are a million photoshop tutorials on youtube and searchable via google if you need further instruction and guidance. Good luck!
  • Options
    Why not do "together with their family" rather than "their children"?
  • Options
    What version of Photoshop? There are soooo many!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invite-help-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:4d4f63dd-ac5e-4352-a1b7-b65493accfd8Post:516507f8-da04-496c-9e2c-dd671c33a8cf">Re: Invite help! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]What version of Photoshop? There are soooo many!
    Posted by futuremrsball0611[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm not sure if the free trial download is available for anything other than CS6, but if CS5 is available I'd go with that one. Probably more tutorials specifically for it. But they'll all have most of the same features so you can't go wrong!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards