Ohio-Columbus
Options

Last day at this job

It's a little bittersweet. I am happy to have 1) vacation time to just sit around next week and 2) to start my dream job in 2 weeks. However, I'm sad to leave my work friends. Luckily I'm not even leaving campus, just changing office buildings so I'll still be around. I have never left a job by choice before (it's always been the end of a school year or the natural end of a contract). So weird. 
Wish me luck!

Re: Last day at this job

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! I was so sad when I left all my old coworkers, i graduated and got my RN so I had to leave to where they offered me a job. You are happy for the new money and new career, but not to leave all your work BFFs. 
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! I too work at a university and at the previous U where I worked I switched jobs once so I know what you mean about the bittersweet feeling. It is hard to leave an office environment you know and love for one that is more unknown. Just keep reminding yourself you are leaving for your dream job! Your work friends will still be your work friends and you'll get to make new ones.

GOOD LUCK! Can't wait to hear about it. And enjoy your time off! When I changed jobs I took off two weeks but I was also moving from Cleveland to St. Louis so it was not relaxing AT ALL. Have fun!
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with everything, Savannah!

I am sure you will make new friends in the new building and keep in touch with the others as well. You are definitely beginning an exciting time in your life right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards