Delaware

Engagement Photo Disaster

I posted on Chit Chat a little bit ago that our engagement session was a bust. We won a free one from a local photographer at a bridal event, and the pictures are absolutely awful.  FI and I are not unphotogenic normally, so it's really annoying that almost every picture is terrible.  My thought is that since the session and choice of 2 limited print options were free, the photographer unfortunately didn't care that the angles were bad, the lens choice made us look short and fat (almost stretched), and we suddenly have a double chin problem. LOL
So what I'm looking for is recommendations!  Do any of you know of any reasonably priced photographers in the area who might offer a free engagement session with the wedding package, so that we might be able to see the picture quality before the wedding?  The scary part of all this is that this photographer's portfolio was lovely, so it was very surprising to see how ours turned out.  I'd hate to have that unpleasant surprise for our wedding pics!
Thanks in advance!

Re: Engagement Photo Disaster

• I'm not as familiar with the ins and outs of different packages, but I was really happy with my photographer, Paul R Lutes. http://www.prlphoto.com

I also had a portrait session (headshots) with Rebecca Simeone Designs.  She doesn't do weddings often, mostly portrait stuff, but she has done weddings in the past.  But if you're just looking for an e-session, I would say she's worth looking into. http://www.rebeccasimeonedesigns.net
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • I won an e-pics sessions too.  It was horrible!  Comically bad!  Prob the same couple as you. We ended up going with Georgi Anastasov, out of Philly.  Much better!
    PM me your photog... I am curios if it was the same person.
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Sent you a PM.
  • I'm not sure exactly where you are located, but I found this thread on the local boards. I'm building my portfolio right now, so I'm offering free engagement sessions. I don't know why yours turned out badly, but I really care about this, so I would definitely do my best (yours may have turned out badly, since it was free. Your photographer may have just not cared). If you are happy with the photos, you can buy a DVD of 25-30 images for $50.

I do not shoot weddings at this point, though. So I'm sorry, but I can't help you there!

If you would like more details, you can email me at contact.lnicolephotography@gmail.com - I would be happy to answer any questions you might have!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards