New York-Long Island

Venue ideas for a London girl getting married on Long Island!

Hi everyone.  I'm new to the site, but hoping someone can help me! I am getting married in August 2012....we are hoping to do the ceremony on Fire Island (my fiance's family have property on the island), but planning a reception on Long Island as we think it would be more practical.  We are from London and most of our guests are flying out from the UK, so the numbers are quite small - 50 max including kids. Ideally we are looking for an initimate venue on the water-front.....and ideally not too far a drive from Bay Shore.  Does anyone have any advice? I have seen The Pavilion at Sunken Meadow.....any views on that? Thanks in advance! 

Re: Venue ideas for a London girl getting married on Long Island!

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    sunken meadow is on the north shore, fire island is on the south. it's not close. probably about 1 hour plus including ferry ride back to bay shore from fire island and then driving all the way up.

there's a place in babylon-the venential yacht club. it's not really a yacht club but it's a nice space on the water about 20 mins from bay shore.

also there are literally tons of restaurants along the water in the bay shore area. if you're not set on a typical reception venue you can look at those. i'm sure FI's family is familar with them.

• edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure Captain Bill's is in (or near) Bay Shore.  It's a restaurant that has a separate building (they call it the Bayview House) right on the water that is supposed to be nice.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • kristyu24kristyu24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Congratulations!  I went to go look at the Venitian Yacht Club and it is beautiful and right on the water with beautiful views... there is also Lombardi's on the Bay, I heard they were really good... I have never been to a party at either, but have heard good things about both!  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hiltondodds23Hiltondodds23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your help - all your advice has been really useful and I have already sent off emails to a number of the suggestions above! I have tried to email Captain Bill's but the email keeps on failing, so I'll try giving them a call.  Thanks again.....I really appreciate it, and glag I signed up to this site!
  • edited December 2011
    There is a great place in BayShore on Main Street... Milk and Sugar... great for small intimate affairs...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards