Iowa-Des Moines

When are you seeing your groom for the first time?

What is everyone doing?  Are you doing a "first look" or are you going to have the first time be at the ceremony itself?

Just curious!

We wanted to not see eachother before the wedding, but we have rented chair lifts for our "cocktail hour" and wanted to get some pictures on those.  I'm worried we wont have time if we are taking pictures afterwards.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When are you seeing your groom for the first time?

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At first we were totally against of seeing each other first. But with the time of the wedding there isn't a good time to have pictures after. So we're doing a first look and now I'm pretty excited! I know i'll be super nervous and I want to get all that out, and I know that I won't see him for about an hour before the ceremony starts so that will be enough time to get a little nervous again! LOL
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should add we are having a cocktail hour after to get a few more shots of the group all together as well!! This also gives time for our guests to get to the Reception location!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a first look just because i want to enjoy as much as possible the dance party! We won't have really a cocktail hour (just 1/2 hour), but hors d'ouvre will be served as soon as the guests come. I am thinking about to get to the reception venue 30 min max after the ceremony. I am in a party mood already!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are waiting until I walk down the aisle.  That was one of the things FI insisted on, so I agreed.  I explained to him it just means that we are going to have to take more photos after, but he is ok with that.  I'm pretty excited, but I know I am going to be a huge ball of nerves.  I think I might have to at least call and talk to him on the phone or something before the ceremony.  I have told my MOH she has to keep me distracted so I dont think about my nerves. 
    Anniversary
  • lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also doing a "first look". He didn't want to see me before the ceremony started  but the more we talking about how picture were going to work the more he changed his mind. I love the idea and he does too. I think its a very special moment. It will be nice to get that moment in pictures. 

Holiday
  • edited December 2011

Yes! We are going to see each other before - I don't think I can handle not seeing my fiance all day! So we are doing pictures before the ceremony, an hour with just us and then an hour with our bridal party and family. Then we are going to get some more pictures in between the ceremony and reception.

• edited December 2011

We will do a "first look".  I will also be pretty nervous and I think that the more I'm out and about in my dress I will hopefully relax.  Our ceremony is on a deck out back of the reception.  The deck is 2 levels and I will have to walk down some stairs to the 2 level to where the Gazebo is where we will be getting married.  If I'm nervous I may trip down the stairs  Laughing

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing "first look".  I think I would be so nervous to see him for the first time walking down the aisle.  Plus, we really don't want our guests to have to wait while we take all of our pictures. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    MC-this is my suggestion to you because we are also renting the chairlifts for our wedding too. After your ceremony, a lot of photographers suggest that you and the groom go to a location that is important to the two of you to take photos. I suggest that you and your groom and the rest of the bridal party just go to the venue and start taking pictures there. Your guests will be more than satisfied with the cocktail hour at the venue and i'm sure they will understand when they see the two of you on the lifts taking pictures(i'm sure it will look very sweet) I really think that if you want to wait to see each other while you are walking down the aisle then you need to uphold that and keep that tradition. Good luck!!
    Anniversary
  • ebagnallebagnall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a first look.  I wanted to make sure that I could get all the photos I wanted and still get to the reception in a timely manner.  As a photographer's daughter, I knowthis is really unlikely if you don't do any pictures before the ceremony.  Besides I wanted to have the first moment of seeing each other to be private, not in front ofall my guests.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting ready together, so he'll help me into my dress and I'll help him dress. 

(Long time lurker, just thought I'd throw my thoughts in)
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're opting not to do a "first look". I guess we both wanted to go the more "traditional" route...So the first time we will see eachother will be when my dad walks me down the aisle. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing the first look. I think it will be nice to have that moment before and I think it will do great things for my nerves. I also want to be able to take a majority of the photos before hand. I think it will be much more relaxed this way. I never thought I'd want a first look, but once it was thrown out there, it just felt like the right way to go.
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards