Indiana
Options

Lafayette Locations?

Hi my FI and I are having a hard time finding a venue between Crawfordsville and Rennselaer for our wedding. We're getting married in July 2012 so they're is plenty of time to look but we both want somewhere that's more... fancy? We both don't want it to look like a holiday inn kind of wedding. Anyone know a well priced more... upscale wedding and reception site???

Re: Lafayette Locations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother got married right at the train station bridge, I must say it was beautiful seeing my SIL come over the bridge down the stairs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are plenty of beautiful churches, the old train station (through parks and rec), The Duncan House, an art museum, Purdue campus, etc.
  • Options
    Squirt2010Squirt2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm originally from the Crawfordsville area, but didn't even consider any venues in that area.  My fiance and I graduated from Purdue and are having our wedding in Lafayette/West Lafayette.  Our reception will be at the Purdue Memorial Union.  It is an amazing venue!!!  Stained glass, hand carved wooden decor, hardwood floors.....AWESOME.  The prices are also amazing....you can spend essentially any amount you want for dinner, cocktails, etc.  The event staff is wonderful and will help you realize any of your wants/needs.  It is definitely upscale and not a "holiday inn" type venue.  :)  Good luck planning! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are both Purdue students, and we had considered using the Union at Purdue for our wedding reception as well. If you book the Untion far enough in advance, you can reserve both ballrooms, one for the ceremony and one for the reception, or you can do both the ceremnoy and reception in one ballroom as well. It's a beautiful place, and very professional and upscale in my opinion! 

Also, if you wanted to get married in a church, Trinity United Methodist Church in downtown Lafayette is absolutely beautiful as well. It's the oldest church in the county and oh man, it's just so beautiful. That's where we are getting married. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Union is my favorite building on campus because it's so gorgeous. Does anyone on this board know of a good Christian counseling center in the Lafayette area?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at several places for a larger wedding and ended up settling on the Union, mostly because of sentimental value, but the Lafayette Country Club was BEAUTIFUL and almost identical in price. It is definitely worth looking at!
    http://www.lafayettecountryclub.net/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards